Outcast Please help.. Arrma outcast 4s Newest version..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewToRC

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello I got My arrma outcast 4s about two weeks ago.. I was running at a construction site… and all of a sudden the truck stopped would move a half a inch then stop again so I got home watched a few videos and managed to get the motor off and the case to show the pinion. Just curious as to what would cause this? And how do you get the pinion out to change it
65B36E30-90A9-4E49-8A24-E6F2EC7E5408.jpeg
?

7412A268-0D94-457F-9F75-8B5FAB3505BF.jpeg

EDCBF068-1734-43B8-AC0D-154DFA783395.jpeg

Looks like it was just a jolt to the system that started the pinion destruction.

I would loosen your slipper clutch and buy a higher quality pinion. Check out Robinson or Tekno pinions. Choose hardened steel either way.

😲 Could be a few different causes. Too loose of a mesh, Bent motor plate, A stone or chipped tooth getting stuck in the pinion. First step I would do is check that your motor plate is still flat or else you could just destroy another pinion or spur again.

Looks like it was just a jolt to the system that started the pinion destruction.

I would loosen your slipper clutch and buy a higher quality pinion. Check out Robinson or Tekno pinions. Choose hardened steel either
There is a little grub screw on the bottom of that pinion.. just remove the 2 screws holding the motor mount and then u will see the grub screw holding the pinion onto the motor shaft!? Spur gear looks ok to use
Awesome thank you for replying. And I’m very new to rc are you talking about these two screws ?
55A52A8F-EB57-4545-8971-A7EB0E579479.jpeg

Pretty common, alot of fine silt getting in there, lapping the teeth down to razor blades leading to snap em...

Hardened pinion will definitely help.. Robinson racing sells them..👍

Awesome thank you for replying. And I’m very new to rc are you talking about these two screws ? View attachment 272183

Yes, correct.
Remove those two screws completely ,so you can get the motor off the plate.

Than remove the screws holding the plate onto the plastic casing to check it for flatness.

I got it off thankyou the motor plate it’s perfectly flat as far as I can tell it dose have a few scratches but that’s it

View attachment 272186

View attachment 272191

Did you notice any pebbles/rocks or other debris in the casing? If not, it could be just one pinion tooth broke off (from a sudden jolt of landing or crash) and got chewed up between the other teeth -that resulted in it shredding them all like that.

Remove the RED motor plate from the casing now and place it on a flat piece of glass to see if it's bent.

Did you notice any pebbles/rocks or other debris in the casing? If not, it could be just one pinion tooth broke off (from a sudden jolt of landing or crash) and got chewed up between the other teeth -that resulted in it shredding them all like that.

Remove the RED motor plate from the casing now and place it on a flat piece of glass to see if it's bent.
Yes there was very small rocks / pebbles! I didn’t even get to jump nothing was there maybe two minutes and it happened i think it was just all the Little Rock and sand maybe

image.jpg

I would suggest either sealing the module, or cutting a hole in the chassis under the spur gear... I prefer sealing the module personally..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back