Big Rock Please help horrible

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need these

View attachment 121598

View attachment 121599

Should order a couple to have one on hand for next time. Start getting some extra parts so you have less down time c-hubs and steering blocks tend to get broken on mine. I like to hit mailboxes 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I like to hit curbs. Lol

20210104_164921.jpg

Had my big rock over a week now still haven’t used due to weather. I’ve thread locked all metal on metal screws motors screws etc. And tightened the slipper clutch. I’ve just seen the person on this thread strip there gear due to having too tight does this mean I should adjust mine looser abit? All help appreciated as I’m a noob.

Try this

I must have the greatest big rock ever made I can't seem to break it. Since October 2020 I have run probably 50 3s packs through it sending it 25+ feet into the air (I'm no rich dupperbash) with horrible landings, and I have broken nothing.

The only thing I have done to mine is strip the input gear because I totally went crazy in some super slippery concrete lol but before thst I put 5 packs through it. Only. Only noticed after I got home and was playing in the leaves lol

I must have the greatest big rock ever made I can't seem to break it. Since October 2020 I have run probably 50 3s packs through it sending it 25+ feet into the air (I'm no rich dupperbash) with horrible landings, and I have broken nothing.
You must not be driving it right. 🤣🤣🤣

I'm still a real beginner when it comes to bashing i just started but its great i have hardly any control in the air yet and mostly land on the roof😅. Waiting for my new input gear lol and I just got an outcast 4s that I'm stoked about cant wait!

What weight of gr3ase/oil do I need for the front and rear diffs? Same or different? I no need skme seriously bad in rear but might as well tear the front down too and make sure it has enough. Cheers!🙃

I don't know how people shred these gears. I've abused my O4S pretty good and the diff gears are perfect.

I don't know how people shred these gears. I've abused my O4S pretty good and the diff gears are perfect.
I shredded the input gear from laying on the throttle full tilt on smooth concrete in the water. Too much for it completely smooth
Stock is 10k. I have 30k front and 20k rear in my big rock.
Now is that grease or oil? Noob question but need to get it right.

I shredded the input gear from laying on the throttle full tilt on smooth concrete in the water. Too much for it completely smooth

Diff oil the only place I have found it lately is beachrc.com

What weight of gr3ase/oil do I need for the front and rear diffs? Same or different? I no need skme seriously bad in rear but might as well tear the front down too and make sure it has enough. Cheers!🙃
I did 50k front and 30k rear but I think I'll go back to 10k in the rear.

If you're stripping the input gears try adjusting the slipper, it's to tight

I did 50k front and 30k rear but I think I'll go back to 10k in the rear.

If you're stripping the input gears try adjusting the slipper, it's to tight

By going from 10k front and rear to 50k front and 30k rear. What affect does that have on the truck? noob question here.

By going from 10k front and rear to 50k front and 30k rear. What affect does that have on the truck? noob question here.
Since the differentials are open once one wheel starts spinning the other wheel loses force by thickening the fluid you're applying more force to the wheel that's not spinning. By using thicker fluid in the front you allow the front end to stay engaged a bit longer than the rear end helping the truck stay straight under power, and improving cornering off power

Since the differentials are open once one wheel starts spinning the other wheel loses force by thickening the fluid you're applying more force to the wheel that's not spinning. By using thicker fluid in the front you allow the front end to stay engaged a bit longer than the rear end helping the truck stay straight under power, and improving cornering off power

Good to know. I only have 10K right now, but may pick up the 30k and 50k when it gets warmer and we can get out more. Waiting on the MIP speed tips to get here too :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back