Typhon Please Help!! I need info on the difference between the Typhon 3s and 6s model. Which one should be my first car?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes you can run the 6S on 2S, 3S, 4S, or 6S. I would actually say run it on 4S to start.

I would say they are both worth owning but choosing one is going to come down to how much space you have to run. The 3S would be great for a small yard or track. It will be easier and cheaper in the long run.

The 6S our of the box will be faster and will need more space to stretch its legs. However, maintenance and parts will cost more. There are tons of upgrades available. You can easily spend $2000 on this buggy if you want. Don’t ask me how I know. ?
I purchased a 6s for my first car at the same time I purchased 3 mega500 starter models for my kids. The 6 s is amazing, everything Jondilly said above. It’s fast, it’s strong and yes expensive. Like all typhoon models there is a throttle limiter on the controller so you can run it at 50 or 75% of full power. However 3s is plenty fast, has more plastic than metal, won’t stand up to hitting a curb the way 6s will but the parts are less expensive and fixing the car is fun! Either one will be lots of fun. I’m upgrading controller receiver and ESC in my 6s so I’m well on my way to 2k. I don’t need it, I just like it .
6S no question. If u can study engineering and pass, u got skills to repair any damage to the rig that may occur. This is a great hobby, hope u join sooner than later. Electric screwdriver with quality bits will save time and pain. Trust
Which electric driver to you like?

I purchased a 6s for my first car at the same time I purchased 3 mega500 starter models for my kids. The 6 s is amazing, everything Jondilly said above. It’s fast, it’s strong and yes expensive. Like all typhoon models there is a throttle limiter on the controller so you can run it at 50 or 75% of full power. However 3s is plenty fast, has more plastic than metal, won’t stand up to hitting a curb the way 6s will but the parts are less expensive and fixing the car is fun! Either one will be lots of fun. I’m upgrading controller receiver and ESC in my 6s so I’m well on my way to 2k. I don’t need it, I just like it .

Which electric driver to you like?
I got a modestly price ryobi but the best bits I’ve found are made by Chapman

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 38
Greetings MacSpacey,

Welcome to the Arrma Forum! Looks like I got here just days before you.

Interesting question! Amusing timing. Evidently, I'm not the only one to wonder. As a newbie to the Arrma Forum, I asked a similar question (whether 6S would be too much for this beginner). I was equally surprised at the profuse response. I got a similar divided opinion re. 3S vs 6S; or 4S as an interim to 6S.

All this to say ... I came upon an 8 month used V4 Kraton 6S at a good price. I realize you're looking at the Typhon. I can't speak to the differences between the models, but I can tell you that I went out, the day after getting it, to the local cricket field and opened it up! I got a chance to get a feel for its speed/power/acceleration/maneuverability in a wide open space (like Mongoose suggested) and LOVED IT! It wasn't too much power! It was exhilarating! I did manage to pull a front flip! I guess it can brake pretty hard!

As a newbie, I can't speak to the difference in ease of maintenance. I'll acquiesce that repairs will probably cost me more, but it's all stock. It needed hubs/bearings. I was lucky, I found a complete set for $20 on JennysRC.com.

Best of luck and let us know how you make out.

Cheers, G.

Well first of all thank you, thank you and thank you for taking the time to explain how you feel about the 3s typhon vs the 6s typhon. I have been enjoying all of the posts, every single one. So again THANK YOU FOR THE WONDERFUL FEEDBACK.

So with that being said, I am ready to make a decision on what to do as my first ARRMA RC CAR, and I hope that I can clarify what the ultimate reason for this decision is. Well, as I mentioned before I am an Engineer so I am really fond of taking the time to make sure that everything works perfectly. I have spent a lot of time on this project of mine and I am very excited about the opportunity to post my findings on the site. I am thinking of going to buy a new typhon 6s, and because they have the same chassis as the Senton 6s. I have been gathering all the information about how to get a new Typhon 6sand a new Senton 6s at the same time. And now that I have made the parts list and double checked them. I am going to buy a new typhon and I also have been ordering the parts for the Conversion to make a Senton 6s from the Typhon 6s. I've also been searching for the best possible solution and I have come up with a very simple and highly doable solution to make your typhon 6s into a senton 6s!!
If any of you are interested in this list please let me know and I will make sure to post it on the site.
Thanks so much for your help and I look forward to spend some time here. Thanks and B Bye for now Macspacey signing off Peace

If you haven't driven the Typhon yet, it's going to blow your mind. I wouldn't dream of making mine into a Senton.

Totally agree. You will never wish for more power with a 6S. This thing is a beast.
If you purchase the 3S I think after a few runs you will regret not opting for the 6S.

6S if your wallet permits. Run it on 3s/4s. Then work up to 6s. That's the beauty of it. You will future proof your RC purchase path in this way. More $practical$ in the long game. IMO. Up front cost is more $$. But the return in the long run is better.
The size between both is similar anyway. And the 6S rigs are very mature at this point with better upgrade solutions.:)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back