Please Help!! Razon stops

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brookspi

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Can someone please help my Razon will run for 2 minutes or less on start up then stops!! nothing I do with the radio helps.. tires move but truck won't .. Thought it was batteries .. I have two sets and have charged the batteries just seems to go dead fast.

Can someone please help my Razon will run for 2 minutes or less on start up then stops!! nothing I do with the radio helps.. tires move but truck won't .. Thought it was batteries .. I have two sets and have charged the batteries just seems to go dead fast.
What batteries are you running?

Lectern Pro 5200Mah 50C USING Venom charger.. i hope I charged them right... They said only charge for about an hour with a dual charger

Lipo batteries like the ones used in your truck don't charge by time, they charge by voltage and capacity. I have a feeling that your batteries are not being fully charged and you are hitting the low voltage cutoff that quickly.

What kind of charger do you have? Tell us the model and we'll try to help you with some set up tips to get your batteries charged SAFELY and properly. You can't diagnose an issue with the truck if you don't know that you're giving it a full set of batteries to start with.

LiPo batteries like the ones used in your truck don't charge by time, they charge by voltage and capacity. I have a feeling that your batteries are not being fully charged and you are hitting the low voltage cutoff that quickly.

What kind of charger do you have? Tell us the model and we'll try to help you with some set up tips to get your batteries charged SAFELY and properly. You can't diagnose an issue with the truck if you don't know that you're giving it a full set of batteries to start with.

yes..not to mention...we need to go over balance charging....there us a bit more to lipo than most of the new users understand...

VENOM CHARGER DUAL 3 CELL I REALLY don't KNOW HOW TO USE IT.. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP

IMG_0560.jpg

THIS IS THE READING WHEN I PLUG IN IS THIS CORRECT?

Hobby Haven said charge time for both batteries at the same time around 1 hour.. I've have four batteries and have tried charging each set and the ARROM Ruzon only runs about 2 minutes or less. Can shut off and turn back on and it will repeat the process... I really appreciate all your help

....Do you mean Arrma Fazon?
So i can tell you that the runtime with 6s and 5200mA will be longer than just 2 Mins!
I run my Big Rock on 6s 5500mA more than 20 Minutes.
Charge you´re LiPos till you're charger tells you that them full.
The suggested "one hour" roughly fits just in case that you are charging with 5,2A.
On your picture we just can see that you had plugged in the balancer cable. You have also to connect the other ones to you're charger!
It looks to me that you did not connect the power plug from the battery, cause I can see a xt90 plug in the right lower corner of the pic.
You´re charger tells you that there is nothing connected. He shows "NONE" on the display left down corner.
BUT, you have to start the charging process by touching the start button! The process will not start by itself if you connect the batterie.
Pleas take you´re charger manual and check out how to connect you're batteries to the charger, otherwise you will damage them and you have to buy new ones.
Your Fazon makes all right, because he makes lipo-cut-off of course the empty batteries to prevent them to damaging.

Regards,
lonee

You said I must connect the other ones to you're charger! It looks to me that you did not connect the power plug from the battery, cause I can see a xt90 plug in the right lower corner of the pic. With this charger

I am not sure were to plug in the xt90 plug. The charger has on the one it shows

FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender 2.jpg
FullSizeRender 3.jpg

here is what its reading

View attachment 4950
THIS IS THE READING WHEN I PLUG IN IS THIS CORRECT?

Hobby Haven said charge time for both batteries at the same time around 1 hour.. I've have four batteries and have tried charging each set and the ARROM Ruzon only runs about 2 minutes or less. Can shut off and turn back on and it will repeat the process... I really appreciate all your help

also...toggle through the charge options ...should say lipo balance...

Update,..
->https://system.netsuite.com/core/media/media.nl?id=3336695&c=1327152&h=103a459e262c8e70e768&_xt=.pdf
Your charger has no main battery output. He is just charging over the balancer wires.
If you use both connectors, the charger limit is 3A. Thats means more than 2 hours charge time of 2 batteries in the same time.
Or two times one batterie with up to 6A
I think, if you do not have a lot of batterie packs, the charger is not the best choice in case with a 6s beast.
It will be better to use a charger which can charge 6s in serial as one pack with balancer.
A other way is a dual charger with more output...

Regards,
lonee

Update,..
->https://system.netsuite.com/core/media/media.nl?id=3336695&c=1327152&h=103a459e262c8e70e768&_xt=.pdf
Your charger has no main battery output. He is just charging over the balancer wires.
If you use both connectors, the charger limit is 3A. Thats means more than 2 hours charge time of 2 batteries in the same time.
Or two times one batterie with up to 6A
I think, if you do not have a lot of batterie packs, the charger is not the best choice in case with a 6s beast.
It will be better to use a charger which can charge 6s in serial as one pack with balancer.
A other way is a dual charger with more output...

Regards,
lonee

wow...I just noticed that. .I didn't know such a thing existed...I thought they all had charge leads...his charges through the balance port?..really?...

Thank you!!! Any suggestion on a better charger

start here...

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=HRCP4232&P=FR&gclid=CMbLlbjBodECFYK4wAod_zsPEQ

very good charger ..

Charging via the balance lead would take much more than an hour per pack I think. You should see 4.2v per cell on a fully charged pack. I charge my packs very conservatively and running two on my Venom Pro Duo at 1C to 1.5C still takes about 30-45 minutes. Your pack is balanced quite nicely but not charged to anywhere near capacity in either voltage or mah.

This is also a good charger. It comes with 2 balance boards and several different charging leads but no XT90 leads.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFTFV&P=ML

So you'll need two of these:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFKLS&P=7

or these:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFMVJ&P=7

Thank you so much for your help!! You are helping me understand all this!! still little confused but working at it! Again Thank you Happy New Year!

IMG_5297.jpg
Vid for the 2 to 4S venom
Works exactly the same as the dual 3S
The charger will let you know when the battery is full
Be patient with this little charger, at 3.9v per cell you are only at around 70% charge

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back