Talion Please help this Arrma newbie but an oldie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevens4x

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Hi all. I received my Talion v4 today but have a week’s wait on the lipo’s. In the meantime could I get some tips on what to prep or change during this down week?

...shock oil, taping wheels, different diff grease, glue wheels, etc?

Thank you!

Hi all. I received my Talion v4 today but have a week’s wait on the lipo’s. In the meantime could I get some tips on what to prep or change during this down week?

...shock oil, taping wheels, different diff grease, glue wheels, etc?

Thank you!
1.vent your tires from the outside and tape the inside holes. If you don't know how someone im sure will explain it to you better than i can
2.maybe plan to buy sealed bearing kit to remplace the stock ones. Because the stock bearings are shielded bearings.
3. Some screws have some crazy treadlock use some heat to make them loose before trying to remove them its bit of a pain the first time
Get the center diff to 500k thats what most people run i think on the 6s rigs

Definitely a nice set of rubber sealed bearings from fast eddy or Jim’s bearings. As @Surchaufeur said venting tires is important and open the center diff and refill with 500k. I also highly recommend opening up the front and rear and re filling them too. Something like 100k front and 50k rear. That’s what I’m currently running in my kraton. Then if you have the means I’d keep a better transmitter/receiver. Enjoy ??

Wise choice, the guys above have you covered. Have fun!
Btw, the tires are already glued pretty good. You just need to check, and reglue them as needed.

Check all three diff for adequate oil, some come only 1/2 full. Switch out weight if you want. Check shock fluid levels. New bearings if you have a local source. lots of “how to” YT videos on 6 s machines watch As many as you can.
Spend extra time with your better 1/2 so when your lipo shows you have built up hobby time and they won’t get jealous. All else fails, move car back and forth making motor and screeching tire sounds. Total time suck! ? Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Beware of the stock radio, it's terrible. Good advice to change it out asap. A runaway is expensive.

Hey this is great. Thanks all! The ball of plastic leaves a lil to be desired but I’d planned on Futaba anyway ...been playin over 30 yrs so my wife’s just about broken in ?

Happy Thanksgiving!

Attachments

• 11E6F7D3-4403-4CE0-A86A-95CDE3FD2471.jpeg
    11E6F7D3-4403-4CE0-A86A-95CDE3FD2471.jpeg
    384.9 KB · Views: 37
Gotta love it when stuff comes in early !
btw..I’m a safety freak with lipos so I’m trying these out. Love the auto discharge...hope it works

Attachments

• DE454F30-9A2F-4E5D-8E8A-E415DC9A1869.jpeg
    DE454F30-9A2F-4E5D-8E8A-E415DC9A1869.jpeg
    400.5 KB · Views: 38
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back