Mojave Please Help With Mojave Wheel Option

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell Yeah!!! Proline Racing Hyrax UDR tires FTW

Screenshot_20210407-022019_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210407-022031_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210407-022103_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210407-022116_Gallery.jpg

20210209_221729.jpg

Screenshot_20210309-210958_Video Player.jpg

Last edited:
Brand new exb 2 packs and rear wheels are rubbing. Horizon said it was debris in the wheels but are sending new hubs, rod ends and wheels when back in stock. It's not debris there's parts rubbing. Hopefully the M2C extenders help but the wheels are gouged in multiple spots and a spoke more than 2mm in.

20210420_173919.jpg

Yes, it is debris. I have Vitavon hubs and wheels with M2C hexes. I even grinded my hubs down with a file and my hubs and wheels look worst than yours. No big deal, they are just grind marks, doesn't keep your Mojave from performing.

Yes, it is debris. I have Vitavon hubs and wheels with M2C hexes. I even grinded my hubs down with a file and my hubs and wheels look worst than yours. No big deal, they are just grind marks, doesn't keep your Mojave from performing.
2 packs and the wheels were coming loose from rubbing it isn't debris it's the wheels rubbing. Unacceptable on a $550 rig. Hub hits the spoke on hard turns.

Plastic Mojave wheels flex alot, you can squeeze them with your hand.

Between the ones I've used; the stock dBoots Fortress, Duratrax Blinder, Katar T, and Hyrax on Vitavons, I gotta say the Hyrax have the best all around handling characteristics for me. Great cornering traction & consistency off road, and not too much grip on road (will slide instead of roll) with the foams being still new/firm--may get more traction after break in. Katar T best acceleration traction, Blinder best air control, stock best at rounding hexes.

Also, I did dremel down the rear hub carriers and move the camber link to the bottom holes for the Vitavons and no rub marks on the wheels.

20210427_150326.jpg

All you need is to grab the hot racing wheel nuts. They have a wider/more aggressive serated edge that really digs into the plastic and will not allow the nut to come loose regardless of rubbing. I got some for my rig a year ago and have never has an issue since, And ive got the v1 mojave with the smaller hexes that rubbed even worse. Those wheel nuts solved the problem.

All you need is to grab the hot racing wheel nuts. They have a wider/more aggressive serated edge that really digs into the plastic and will not allow the nut to come loose regardless of rubbing. I got some for my rig a year ago and have never has an issue since, And ive got the v1 mojave with the smaller hexes that rubbed even worse. Those wheel nuts solved the problem.
2mm M2C spacers arrived today will test tomorrow. They have double lock nuts. Shouldn't have to do this to a $550 roller is the point. And for Horizon to insult my intelligence by saying debris must have got in the wheels is a bs move. There is an obvious design flaw. I drove 1 pack on a smooth parking lot and 1 on a fresh cut park field. No debris...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back