Granite Please help with Pinion/Spur for Granite Mega Brushless Upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zbeckwith00

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Everyone,

Please help me out without confusing me too much lol...

I have a V3 Granite Mega, just received my Hobbywing EZRUN Max10 SCT ESC and GoolRC 3660 3800kv brushless motor.

Went to install and realized the motor is a 5mm shaft and my pinion gear won't fit on the shaft.

I can't find a 48dp pinion with a 5mm shaft.

What size spur and pinion should I order for this setup????

Just plan on running 2S, maybe 3S. Bashing and ripping around the yard and sidewalks. Not looking for much more than the stock experience, maybe a little faster.

Please help.

If the pinion is solid try drilling it out....

Last edited:
This will bolt into my stock v3 granite? Driveshaft can stay the same?
Yes sir.
Everyone,

Please help me out without confusing me too much lol...

I have a V3 Granite Mega, just received my Hobbywing EZRUN Max10 SCT ESC and GoolRC 3660 3800kv brushless motor.

Went to install and realized the motor is a 5mm shaft and my pinion gear won't fit on the shaft.

I can't find a 48dp pinion with a 5mm shaft.

What size spur and pinion should I order for this setup????

Just plan on running 2S, maybe 3S. Bashing and ripping around the yard and sidewalks. Not looking for much more than the stock experience, maybe a little faster.

Please help.
Smallest size I can find is 17t Robinson Racing RRP2017.

oh so maybe with the old slipper do u know the red piece that goes through the middle of the whole assembly? if u do just cut it in half and use that to make the driveshaft and slipper fit together. you can buy the red piece but I just found that it's easier to just do that.

Yes sir.

Yes sir.

I ordered the .08 mod slipper listed above. I guess I don't understand how I am going to put the output shaft that the driveshaft slips over on the new slipper assembly? It doesn't appear to come with it and my stock one doesn't seem like it comes apart?? Any experience with this? See image:

20210801_133303.jpg

I ordered the .08 mod slipper listed above. I guess I don't understand how I am going to put the output shaft that the driveshaft slips over on the new slipper assembly? It doesn't appear to come with it and my stock one doesn't seem like it comes apart?? Any experience with this? See image:

View attachment 161528
Look at the post above ^

Use this to unscrew the red nut and it will all come apart. This tool came with the car so you should have it.

View attachment 161538
Oh thank you! I didn't see this post! Is this also how you adjust the tension of the slipper clutch? I see you guys talking about that all the time, but I was never sure. I do have this tool, just found it in the junk drawer lol

Oh thank you! I didn't see this post! Is this also how you adjust the tension of the slipper clutch? I see you guys talking about that all the time, but I was never sure. I do have this tool, just found it in the junk drawer lol
I warned you in a different thread that you would need to get the BLX slipper assembly and a 0.8mod 15t pinion. At least you got the right assembly now. If you can't make the red aluminum piece from your slipper work you can buy the red piece for the BLX slipper separate if you need to.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arrma-AR31...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

I warned you in a different thread that you would need to get the BLX slipper assembly and a 0.8mod 15t pinion. At least you got the right assembly now. If you can't make the red aluminum piece from your slipper work you can buy the red piece for the BLX slipper separate if you need to.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arrma-AR31...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0
Thank you and I apologize I didn't catch your response. That red slipper shaft seems to be a different part number than what is called for on my truck. What is different about it? Will I need to cut my shaft as mentioned earlier? Thank you for being patient, I am trying to make sure I have everything ordered correctly...

Thank you and I apologize I didn't catch your response. That red slipper shaft seems to be a different part number than what is called for on my truck. What is different about it? Will I need to cut my shaft as mentioned earlier? Thank you for being patient, I am trying to make sure I have everything ordered correctly...
That's the part for the BLX models that is why it is a different part number. If you buy that part then you won't even have to worry about cutting anything. Cutting is just the quick and cheap option.

Yes that is how you adjust the slipper it will be different though because you will be getting the 3s slipper…there will be a screw in the center of the slipper that you will unscrew in stead of a nut on the outside to unscrew. Yes cutting it is the cheaper way to go. I have been running it for a while and have had no issues. You can use your old slipper assembly, but you probably aren’t up to spending $5 every run on a new slipper or pinion LOL. I thought I could try it, but NOPE it almost instantly stripped out. Yes you have every thing right. You got a 3s slipper,pinion 15t, and either cut your old slipper shaft in half or get a new one. That is all you will need for now I’m sure you will be back on arrma forum looking for more replace ment parts to order LOL.

That's the part for the BLX models that is why it is a different part number. If you buy that part then you won't even have to worry about cutting anything. Cutting is just the quick and cheap option.
Are there any tutorials showing how to do this? Doesn't look like I can get the shaft in time.
I took your advice, but what kv motor are you running with the 15T? I have a 3800kv, don't want to lose too much torque or cause overheating. Thanks in advance

Are there any tutorials showing how to do this? Doesn't look like I can get the shaft in time.

I took your advice, but what kv motor are you running with the 15T? I have a 3800kv, don't want to lose too much torque or cause overheating. Thanks in advance
With a 3800kv motor I would start with a 14t pinion, or maybe even a 13t.

Back