Notorious Please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dakota

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Is this normal when I spin my back wheels the drive cup will spin free for awhile then gets stuck and when I drive it makes a funky noise any help is appreciated
I also noticed the middle diff spur moves back and forth is that normal seems like my kraton does it too I’m trying to figure out the bad noise before I tear it down ..https://youtu.be/XQFq_LNhW0E

Is this normal when I spin my back wheels the drive cup will spin free for awhile then gets stuck and when I drive it makes a funky noise any help is appreciated
I also noticed the middle diff spur moves back and forth is that normal seems like my kraton does it too I’m trying to figure out the bad noise before I tear it down ..https://youtu.be/XQFq_LNhW0E
Sounds like a planetary gear shattered.

I had similar issue with my Kraton. The front diff gear wasn't meshing well with the input gear. I put 3 Kyosha shims part # 96772 on out drive bearing and it snugged it up nicely.

Was there an incident leading up to this or did it just start out of nowhere?

Here is the issue I haven’t cracked inside the diff but already found this

Attachments

• 2FA4D313-8FDD-4B3A-853E-190AE7BD7531.jpeg
    2FA4D313-8FDD-4B3A-853E-190AE7BD7531.jpeg
    310 KB · Views: 50
yeah that stinks...maybe hit something or landed under load. The housing flexes while the gears are trying to spread themselves away from one another. If you can swing the extra cash it helps having a few assembled housings with diffs that you can switch out and rebuild the damaged ones at you leisure in the wintertime.

Good call .. I noticed their is a lot sand and dirt inside these diff why do they leak so much ??

Some guys will put a little grease between the chassis and diff. The grease acts as a gasket making a seal. Most of the dirt I run on doesn’t seem to get in there here in PA. Might be worth a try if you are in a more sandy soiled part of the world.

Here is the issue I haven’t cracked inside the diff but already found this
Bigger jumps = bigger damage. Careful not to land on throttle when you're going for big air. Fix, bash, crash, repeat. It's the motto of all true rc enthusiasts.

Bigger jumps = bigger damage. Careful not to land on throttle when you're going for big air. Fix, bash, crash, repeat. It's the motto of all true rc enthusiasts.
10-4 boss I haven’t been comming down on throttle I do correct it in the air by the time I come down I am completely off throttle

You should probably replace the diff bulkhead and pinion gear as well.

I see this damage a lot with the Outcast and Notorious. Standing backflips will also cause this. Avoid them if you can. I'm not saying you did them, I'm just offering up advice from what I've seen. They are tempting.

I see this damage a lot with the Outcast and Notorious. Standing backflips will also cause this. Avoid them if you can. I'm not saying you did them, I'm just offering up advice from what I've seen. They are tempting.
I can definitely vouch for that. But just like tire-wrecking donuts, they're so much fun. The diffs in my OC/Noto's are shimmed to the max & have been going strong for about 8 months since the last rebuild (first V1). I haven't ate any diff in my 2nd V1, or V2 - since it's still in the box :ROFLMAO:. Dropping too much bashing power can also wear out the diffs. That Zennon monster of mine can utterly wreck the diffs on 8s with the 1600kv X-Maxx motor just by running around, while it's fine on 6s - but it's geared to do 63 on 6s & 85 on 8s :eek: - like that's ever gonna happen :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:, but it's nice to know it's geared for it.

I fight the urge every time I pull the trigger. Especially now that I'm running 6S. I have yet to even try a standing backflip because my brain says "don't do it dumbass!" while my trigger finger gets all twitchy. Not sure how long I'll be able to hold off the urge!

I fight the urge every time I pull the trigger. Especially now that I'm running 6S. I have yet to even try a standing backflip because my brain says "don't do it dumbass!" while my trigger finger gets all twitchy. Not sure how long I'll be able to hold off the urge!
pull the trigger.... standing back flips are a blast, it's the first trick I go to showing off.

But standing backflips are so much fun. Especially doing doubles with a Kraton.
Could be why I have a box with 4 built diffs ready to drop in. :D

I've never been satisfied with the contact patterns of the pinion and crown gear. I'm going to take a stab at shimming both the diff (crown gear) and pinion soon. I'll share the setup and results.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back