Typhon Please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cwatson427

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hey guys I'm new to the forum and had a quick question if anyone could help. I just recently received my new 3s typhon and I'm noticing there is alot of resistance. What I mean is I'll give it throttle and it slows down pretty quick. It's almost like it had bushings not bearings which I know is not the case. Or it also feels like it has a drag brake on that's slowing it down. My 3s granite is much smoother and coasts alot longer. It just feels like it's being slowed down. Now could this be maybe they didn't put any grease in the diffs? Maybe it needs to be broken in? I've only run a half pack so far but it feels off. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Check the gear mesh, i had the same issue with a Big Rock 4x4. It was way too tight and shattered the motor bearing.
Hey thanks bud. I will check it when I get home and report back. Don't these have set pinion gear holes where you can't really adjust? Haven't had to mess with my granite pinion yet

Hey thanks bud. I will check it when I get home and report back. Don't these have set pinion gear holes where you can't really adjust? Haven't had to mess with my granite pinion yet

You're welcome and correct, the mesh is fixed. Arrma sent me a whole new truck for this. The new one was ok.
What i planned to do was get a dremel and adjust the holes in the motor mount just a little. Or install the adjustable mount from Hot Racing.

Might as well check the two bearings that are on the slipper hubs while you are at it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back