Please need help Granite BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Assmereir

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I have a Arma Granite BLX bought on December 2016 and I was driving it and it stopped. Thought it was the battery so I put the car away and charged the battery. A few days later I put a freshly charged battery in and I have no steering and no throttle and the ESC light is blinking red very fast. I tried to reset the factory settings but it won't reset. When I first turn the car on the ESC light goes green but then it starts flashing red fast. Can someone help me please. Thank you

I could do it, but your best bet is to download the Granite manual, and follow the instructions on reset and bind.

Youtube is a good source as well, now you have some homework to do... report w findings

I have the manual did rebind tried to reset but it won't do it. Last night I played with the throttle trim and it started to work, but when I would turn the steering full left it would accelerate. Ran it for a while and then it started to accelerate at full speed by its self. It would accelerate and stop and then accelerate and stop, so I disconnected the battery and put it away. I think ether the ESC or the receiver are bad. I also looked up YouTube and that's were I got the info on the throttle trim. Thanks for the help. Still looking

I just put a fresh battery pack (7.4v 40c 6200mAh) in and the ESC was fast blinking red, moved the steering dual rate nob on the control and it stopped blinking then moved the throttle trim nob and it would accelerate but no steering and no reverse. Still trying. If anyone has any ideas sure will appreciate. Leaning towards bad receiver.

On the stock arrma controller, if thats what you are using, TH is set to R, and set later the throttle trim.

Just to test out other modes, put the battery mode in Nicad, instead of lipo, this is for testing purposes. The difference is you wont have voltage cut-off, I always run my talion on Nicad/Nihm mode, because I run 5S. To isolate the issue, disconnect the steering servo, who knows there can be a short, and set the esc again, and see if it runs fine. (Instead of easter egging the issue) Disconnect also the motor, and reset receiver and esc, and go from there. Verify there are no shaffing in the outer jacket of the wires. Test later, if you have, with another battery of less cells, a 3S etc. Maybe the extra voltage is affecting...

Problem solved was the steering servo. Disconnected the steering servo and everything is working fine. Now I have to take apart my transmission again and verify the pinion, with all the acceleration all by it self the center plastic gear is sounding funny. I'm only running 2s lipos and I've had to change that gear out about 7 times. Thanks Crankestein for the help.

Bet your esc is toast. Mine died in a similar way.

The middle gear.. Idler gear. Got metal in mine, and it shreds through them. A hpi part fits, but is rare as hell to find now. Makes me not want to run the truck.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back