PLEASE READ...don't break your nero again..EVER

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCgoogler

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Fazon
  3. Granite
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Nero
  7. Outcast 6s
  8. Senton 6s
Honest real life testing and abuse....Will keep this short but ROCKER POST breakages can be eliminated using these inexpensive parts ......attached pictures
1..... replace with M5 X 35 hardened cap bolt...original arrma rocker is M5x32...tighten snugly then slightly back it off and check bearing for binding...(best to do with shocks removed).bolt is solid ,not hollow and stronger than the .stainless steel bolt modification..(The traxxas 5145 mod worked similar but required tapping)

2....Vital that shocks are in the 3rd hole from outside (mainly causes issues with shock shafts and rod ends otherwise

3.....Install hobao shock cups....The original arrma cup slams the rocker and these eliminate issue

4....jump and have fun

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HoBao-90049...207973?hash=item2caa820225:g:CcQAAOSw-YVXnuCE

Attachments

• unnamed (6).jpg
    unnamed (6).jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 265
  • unnamed (7).jpg
    unnamed (7).jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 252
  • unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    240.9 KB · Views: 245
failed to mention bolt is avail. at home depot or other and the silver bolt is the original stainles 10/32 mod that has been discussed

I ordered the hobao shock parts on Saturday. Hopefully I can get them by this weekend. I mostly have trouble with the feel of the rear shocks, does not feel smooth at all. Thanks for sharing the mod trio to fix the NERO suspension.

Note:The revo posts are not that hard to do, just drill out the M5 hole the next size drill bit from the one that goes in 11/32 I think. Not rocket science, but not as easy as the metric monster bolt, that will never fail.

Suspension issues.. to resolve . Remove tires and shocks...remove push rod as well.. check A-arms for free up and down movement ( they should fall on their own.. some type of lube ( CLP or dry wax) on hinge pins are a cause of both squeaking and friction..also make sure rocker bearings are smooth.. also check pivot balls to ensure they are free inside the rod end .. all these add up

Suspension issues.. to resolve . Remove tires and shocks...remove push rod as well.. check A-arms for free up and down movement ( they should fall on their own.. some type of lube ( CLP or dry wax) on hinge pins are a cause of both squeaking and friction..also make sure rocker bearings are smooth.. also check pivot balls to ensure they are free inside the rod end .. all these add up
Friction can develop in bereeen the tabs on the a arms and the plastic edges where the hinge pin slides thru.. Walmart CLP works well as it dies not collect dirt or dust

After three sessions with the new ramp I had zero problems with the Nero Big Rock.

Suspension and powertrain are A-OK.

It seems the mods do the trick.
Just add these rod ends to the list ASC89077 and the pins TRA-5145.

All been posted before but now they are all in one thread.

Last edited:
I haven't broke anything yet but does anyone know of any different springs for shocks the suspension just seems to stiff and it wants to roll over alot. Any help would be great. Whats the part# for the hobo shock parts please

I haven't broke anything yet but does anyone know of any different springs for shocks the suspension just seems to stiff and it wants to roll over alot. Any help would be great. Whats the part# for the hobo shock parts please
Are you referring to these?
Tower Stock# L5GJLD02
Manufacturer Stock# 90049
Can be found here. But it's only the spring perch. Are you looking for the shock absorbers as well?

Im looking for different springs the stock shock springs seem really stiff and don't allow much flex or movement

So the bolt that came out of my rocker post on my big rock is like 12mm long. There's no way a 35mm bolt is going in there. What am I missing?

Edit: figured it out. Remove the whole stock rocker post.

Last edited:
So the bolt that came out of my rocker post on my big rock is like 12mm long. There's no way a 35mm bolt is going in there. What am I missing?
I just put some in mine...get some #8 stainless flat washers. Two on the bottoms one on top and snug down until rocker gets a bind and back off until there's no binding...goodbye to broken post bolts. M5x35mm

Attachments

• 20170601_231322_HDR.jpg
    20170601_231322_HDR.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

Edit: figured it out. Remove the whole stock rocker post.
Don't get the stainless steel!!! They bend

I didn't need washers. The factory bolt and rocker post had no washers. I don't think there will be any issues with the bearings with just the bolt.

I didn't need washers. The factory bolt and rocker post had no washers. I don't think there will be any issues with the bearings with just the bolt.
Correct.. just check the rocker for binding.. is little free play is ok

Guess I should probably make these changes before things break.

Regarding the shock positioning; "Vital" third hole from outside. iirc factory is the far outside position, so we're moving it in two holes. I'm thinking there are four or five total. Sound right?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back