Please stop by and give a word of encouragement for Vas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are many opinions on how I handled this situation and I DO envy how TP handled his parting from ARRMA. I remember at the time I talked to him and asked him to stay and work things out, but his circumstances were different to mine and therefore his feelings on the matter and his reaction were different.

I'm far from perfect and I know I could've, should've done things differently, but my emotions were high and I chose to do what I chose to do. ?‍♂️ Right or wrong, it happened and it's in the history books now. But I have taken down my FB post about leaving ARRMA and have taken down the video in question. Looking back, this is not a reflection of who I am or what my channel is about. I would also like to apologise to you all for the language used and my demeanor in the video. It was a rant that I'm certainly not proud of and although I received an overwhelming amount of support for what I did, ultimately I don't feel comfortable leaving the video up. I certainly didn't expect anyone to start a thread on here about it either (and there was one on FB as well that got a heap of attention), but I thank you all for your feedback, regardless if you agreed, disagreed or otherwise didn't care about what I did. It help me see things from different prospectives and after tempers had settled and feelings subsided, I was able to see more clearly which helped my decision to take everything down.

There's also another thing that happened and that is Jason called me last night after he noticed my posts and video were down and we had a really good chat about things, apologized to each other, cleared the air and I'm happy to report we have remained friends. I don't know what the future holds for ARCPG and ARRMA or HH, but it would be naive to think that things would return to normal any time soon. For now, my channel will continue and I want to put this weekend behind me and move on. I have learnt more about myself and hopefully you can understand that I'm only human and can make mistakes (probably more than most ?).

Again, thank you all for you support and my apologies for the drama. Peace. ✌️

Last edited:
There are many options on how I handled this situation and I DO envy how TP handled his parting from ARRMA. I remember at the time I talked to him and asked him to stay and work things out, but his circumstances were different to mine and therefore his feelings on the matter and his reaction were different.

I'm far from perfect and I know I could've, should've done things differently, but my emotions were high and I chose to do what I chose to do. ?‍♂️ Right or wrong, it happened and it's in the history books now. But I have taken down my FB post about leaving ARRMA and have taken down the video in question. Looking back, this is not a reflection of who I am or what my channel is about. I would also like to apologise to you all for the language used and my demeanor in the video. It was a rant that I'm certainly not proud of and although I received an overwhelming amount of support for what I did, ultimately I don't feel comfortable leaving the video up. I certainly didn't expect anyone to start a thread on here about it either (and there was one on FB as well that got a heap of attention), but I thank you all for your feedback, regardless if you agreed, disagreed or otherwise didn't care about what I did. It help me see things from different prospectives and after tempers had settled and feelings subsided, I was able to see more clearly which helped my decision to take everything down.

There's also another thing that happened and that is Jason called me last night after he noticed my posts and video were down and we had a really good chat about things, apologized to each other, cleared the air and I'm happy to report we have remained friends. I don't know what the future holds for ARCPG and ARRMA or HH, but it would be naive to think that things would return to normal any time soon. For now, my channel will continue and I want to put this weekend behind me and move on. I have learnt more about myself and hopefully you can understand that I'm only human and can make mistakes (probably more than most ?).

Again, thank you all for you support and my apologies for the drama. Peace. ✌
While that isn’t a happy ending (yet) at least it isn’t a tragedy ✌?

There are many options on how I handled this situation and I DO envy how TP handled his parting from ARRMA. I remember at the time I talked to him and asked him to stay and work things out, but his circumstances were different to mine and therefore his feelings on the matter and his reaction were different.

I've just gained a tremendous amount of respect for you. I've been very critical of you in the past and I apologize. This post took lot of balls and I'm glad you and Jason talked it out. Very, very cool ???

There are many opinions on how I handled this situation and I DO envy how TP handled his parting from ARRMA. I remember at the time I talked to him and asked him to stay and work things out, but his circumstances were different to mine and therefore his feelings on the matter and his reaction were different.

Glad you and Jason were able to have a good discussion, I would love to see you continue with armma, but will still watch your channel no matter what direction you chose. I hope HH and Armma can put this aside in the past too and maybe have you do reviews again in the future. You were the decideing factor for my choice of the Kraton over Revo. You have done alot for Armma in the past 5 years, I hope to see a few years more. Cheers Vas and good luck with whatever you do.

What's done is done Vas. What's important is that you take care of yourself, and I'm happy to hear that you've taken steps in the right direction. Hopefully you will come out bigger and stronger, and we can all go back to enjoying the @Aussie RC Playground they we all grew to admire over the years.

Again, thank you all for you support and my apologies for the drama. Peace. ✌️

All good brother. People can say whatever they want but it took some balls to even post the video in the first place lol.

I’m glad you and Jason were able to hash it out. You’re still one of my favorite channels.

Like I said on Facebook, just don't turn your channel into Legos :LOL:

I saw a few of your plane videos and you really seemed to enjoy that, maybe that is something that you could delve a little deeper into. I know Hobbyking is primarily planes now so maybe you could get something going there?

Oh well is what I say.. he was not a employee of them and they don't owe him anything but a thank you and respect. It is about him not getting cars and his channel. If they said ok it's all good but we are gonna make you pay for your stuff but at a discount and same for anyone else.. do you think he would still do it... I don't think so.. he does great videos and has alot of influence on it. That being said it was his passion of the hobby that made him make videos in the first place right? Or was that not the goal from the beginning?. Ask yourself that

Oh well is what I say.. he was not a employee of them and they don't owe him anything but a thank you and respect. It is about him not getting cars and his channel. If they said ok it's all good but we are gonna make you pay for your stuff but at a discount and same for anyone else.. do you think he would still do it... I don't think so.. he does great videos and has alot of influence on it. That being said it was his passion of the hobby that made him make videos in the first place right? Or was that not the goal from the beginning?. Ask yourself that
You've completely missed my point of the whole situation, this was not about "free cars", it was about communication and collaboration between myself and ARRMA. Whether I get free cars or not is irrelevant. It would sting a bit not being able to review as many RCs as before, especially if other smaller channels are getting support from HH and I'm not, but if there was a valid reason as to why that support can't be shared with me, then... Well, there's not much I can do or say about that, is there?
And to be clear, the only reason this is even a conversation is because of my 5 years history with the brand and my impact on its success. Had that not been the case, none of this would have been public knowledge. But the simple absence of a review sample of a new release in my hands automatically prompted a bunch of questions from hundreds, if not thousands of viewers asking "where's your videos, Vas?" Pressure for HH to support my channel isn't coming from me, my audience are doing that job, and doing it extremely well. So when I asked the question "hey, what's going on?" And there's no answer... Well, emotions took over and tempers flared. Thankfully, a call was made and an explanation given. Unfortunately, it came a bit late and hence we're here discussing it, but better late than never...

In other news, I will have a EXB Kraton on its way to me once it gets released, so there will be a review on it after all. And FYI, HH and ARRMA did not organize this, so they are not involved. The universe has a way of making certain things happen, sometimes. ?

You've completely missed my point of the whole situation, this was not about "free cars", it was about communication and collaboration between myself and ARRMA. Whether I get free cars or not is irrelevant. It would sting a bit not being able to review as many RCs as before, especially if other smaller channels are getting support from HH and I'm not, but if there was a valid reason as to why that support can't be shared with me, then... Well, there's not much I can do or say about that, is there?
And to be clear, the only reason this is even a conversation is because of my 5 years history with the brand and my impact on its success. Had that not been the case, none of this would have been public knowledge. But the simple absence of a review sample of a new release in my hands automatically prompted a bunch of questions from hundreds, if not thousands of viewers asking "where's your videos, Vas?" Pressure for HH to support my channel isn't coming from me, my audience are doing that job, and doing it extremely well. So when I asked the question "hey, what's going on?" And there's no answer... Well, emotions took over and tempers flared. Thankfully, a call was made and an explanation given. Unfortunately, it came a bit late and hence we're here discussing it, but better late than never...

In other news, I will have a EXB Kraton on its way to me once it gets released, so there will be a review on it after all. And FYI, HH and ARRMA did not organize this, so they are not involved. The universe has a way of making certain things happen, sometimes. ?
YES! This is the best news ever! I’m am ecstatic you are getting one! I am eager to hear and see your review. ✌? Very cool. Thanks for the great news Vas!

One thing that is sad/irritating to me about the RC community is how quick we are to praise/hate on our content creators for wanting early access and 'free' cars, but our almost total lack of support at helping them be independent through donations to Patreon or Youtube... Some of the other communities I follow, there are guys with sub-10k subcribers, but they make $1k-$2k a month thru Patreon, and they will do 2-4 live streams a month, and get another few hundred $$ in "Superchat" per livestream.

I understand some folks are on a budget, but a lot of us spend over a hundred $ on our toy cars every month without any real budget concerns... For those of us in this category, we all need to go pick out 2-3 content creators, sign up for Patreon, and kick them each $5-$10 a month. This would take a lot of the pressure off the creators...

One thing that is sad/irritating to me about the RC community is how quick we are to praise/hate on our content creators for wanting early access and 'free' cars, but our almost total lack of support at helping them be independent through donations to Patreon or Youtube... Some of the other communities I follow, there are guys with sub-10k subcribers, but they make $1k-$2k a month thru Patreon, and they will do 2-4 live streams a month, and get another few hundred $$ in "Superchat" per livestream.

I understand some folks are on a budget, but a lot of us spend over a hundred $ on our toy cars every month without any real budget concerns... For those of us in this category, we all need to go pick out 2-3 content creators, sign up for Patreon, and kick them each $5-$10 a month. This would take a lot of the pressure off the creators...
I tried Patreon for about 18 months (or 2 years) and it failed miserably. I was hoping that maybe 10% of my viewers would donate $1 per month to help out, which would've given me $6k a month in revenue and potentially allow me to do YouTube full time. This would've given me the freedom to be more independent with product reviews, however, early releases would still need to be done with those companies. But I barely got $250 at its peak and eventually faded to about $60 or $70 for the month at which point I shut it down.
I don't know what the secret is with Patreon or any other type of "crowd funding" for a RC channel, but I do agree that other YouTube communities out there seem to have far more success in doing this.

Good to hear jeason called you
I tried Patreon for about 18 months (or 2 years) and it failed miserably. I was hoping that maybe 10% of my viewers would donate $1 per month to help out, which would've given me $6k a month in revenue and potentially allow me to do YouTube full time. This would've given me the freedom to be more independent with product reviews, however, early releases would still need to be done with those companies. But I barely got $250 at its peak and eventually faded to about $60 or $70 for the month at which point I shut it down.
I don't know what the secret is with Patreon or any other type of "crowd funding" for a RC channel, but I do agree that other YouTube communities out there seem to have far more success in doing this.
I think the secret is daily videos or close to daily videos so that people find patreon appealing and maybe have special stuff for them like a special video or something it can be anything really . don't feel pushed to only do review videos of cars if you decide to take the python out for a run for example film it and post it!doesn't matter if it was already reviewed or not

Last edited:
Another idea that I’ve seen is offer occasional fun givaways for all patreon supporters. Doesn’t have to be anything of huge value even, could be a car you no longer have any use for on the shelf, or a set of batteries ..you could even work with certain sponsors and get them in on the prizes.. another thing is live streams where people are able to Q&A... not sure about anyone else but I think It could work for sure!

Vas from @Aussie RC Playground posted a live stream this morning announcing that he is ending his relationship with HH, just as Thomas P did last year.

I hope that y’all could leave a nice message of support for him here. I know that I have already been missing your content brother. YouTube isn’t going to be the same without your content.

I am amazed at how sh!tyy this world can be to good people. That goes for heartless mega corporations as well as internet trolls. Y’all need to understand the damage a few keystrokes can do. You can change the life of someone halfway around the world with some dumb comment. Think before you post.

God I hope that this gets fixed. We need ya Vas

really enjoy all vas videos what a shame

Good to hear jeason called you

I think the secret is daily videos or close to daily videos so that people find patreon appealing and maybe have special stuff for them like a special video or something it can be anything really . don't feel pushed to only do review videos of cars if you decide to take the python out for a run for example film it and post it!doesn't matter if it was already reviewed or not
yeah, I think this is a big part of it. Frequent vid releases, some live streams, and some kind of giveaway/merch for the tiers - can be stickers and tee-shirts.

Also, shameless self promotion, in every vid, with shout-outs to the top-tier patreons probably helps.

For the live streams, they could be as simple as turning on a camera during an evening wrenching session, and have a discord chat going.
Try to find sponsors too!
That is what caused most of this mess...

I cannot wait for that review video to come out. I will be on the look out for sure! Glad you are still doing it Vas and didn't give up. A lot of people would have already. Man I'm so excite(borat voice) !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back