Please stop by and give a word of encouragement for Vas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have bookface or media outlets to read that :poop: Did this jason clown/owner seriously say that publicly? Looks like I'm done with arrma too..

Yes because everything and everyone on the internet is true ......I don't think any owners would say something like that in an open forum.

I don't have bookface or media outlets to read that :poop: Did this jason clown/owner seriously say that publicly? Looks like I'm done with arrma too..
Yes because everything and everyone on the internet is true ......I don't think any owners would say something like that in an open forum.

You guys don't need the book of faces, simply watch the video @Aussie RC Playground posted. Jason replies to Vas in the live chat on youtube

youtube.png

I have to agree with @Partypeople, no one should say that couldn't see this coming after that video.

Got done watching the whole video during my drive to get lunch.

This is like early 2000s Tech Youtubers. 1st off I think A LOT OF YOU RC reviewers needs to start putting in "Sponsored by" "Vehicle Provided by" etc etc in their videos (but seems like most RC youtubers end up buying the rigs anyways).

Not trying to be a peepee but what he did was what he did. He broke NDA and even admitted to it. That's just how things goes.

Breaking a non disclosure agreement was Vas's fault and this is how Arrma is dealing with it. It happens all the time.

Last edited:
You wouldn't think an owner of a company would be so childish to entertain a rant.. Regardless who's right or wrong.
Why wouldn't they listen to a rant? Any decent company will listen to feedback, positive or negative, about their company.

It's a 40 minute long video of how they won't talk to him. So they gave him exactly what he wanted... a reply.

Whoa, this guy Vas ADMITS to flat out breaking a NDA. For taking A picture and sending it to not one but "a couple people" and is then upset because they didn't give him a virtual handshake and say goodbye.

Then new RC's come out and he's crying because he wasn't told about them and he can't believe it.

Take RC out of this... lets pretend a friend told you a very personal secret and told you not to tell anyone and instead you in turn and tell others and send them a recording of said secret. Do you really think that friend owes you crap now? Do you really think that friend should have to come back to you again and say "thanks for all the years, but I'm done". Hell no. No.

Man up and grow up. This is silly. Then he goes on to say he's "not upset of the whole free car thing" clearly he is. That what every list bit of this is about. How about run your channel like most any other person. Get the product when they are out, with your own money, and do reviews.

His entire channel is based on getting free stuff, before others and doing unboxings and reviews... and in some cases even breaking NDA's for the funs.

He demands Arrma and Horizon Hobby to reach out to him. They owe him nothing. They've supplied him with Arrma RC's for years and tons of information only to have him turn around and tell others when told not to. HE ADMITS LEAKING A PHOTO, if not the photo that went around like crazy or not but that doesn't matter. HE BROKE THEIR TRUST.

Their ignoring him IS their closure. He broke their trust and relationship and and of course it's classic not his fault. HH and Arrma are the ones to blame for all this, and this silly video. He's mad because they aren't sending him RC's and ignoring him. Grow up and take responsibility. He royally blew it, this is entirely on him and to blame either company is laughable.

100% agree.

Why wouldn't they listen to a rant? Any decent company will listen to feedback, positive or negative, about their company.

It's a 40 minute long video of how they won't talk to him. So they gave him exactly what he wanted... a reply.

That's all fine and dandy but it should have been done personally, not publicly even if VAS was wrong. Not very professional IMO!

Well, if there is one positive thing to take from it at least he finally got his answer.
Tbh I don't care much about any of what has happened, who said what.. or who is an Ahole.

The only thing that concerns me is Vas's mental health right now. Lets at least be considerate of that..

I really don't see this as news. I knew he was persona non grata to Arrma after he lambasted the Kraton 8S in his video review. This was AFTER breaking the NDA. If I was HH/Arrma I would have done the same thing. They probably could have worked past the NDA violation but following it up with a video calling the K8S the worst vehicle in the Arrma lineup was the kiss of death. If he didn't see this coming than I really feel sorry for him.

Vas @Aussie RC Playground is the Reason I'm back into RC after decades away from the hobby!. His Honesty, Praise & Total Admiration of the brand convinced me my 1st RC after so many years should be an ARRMA & its because of Vas @Aussie RC Playground I'm a happy ARRMA customer, proud ARRMA owner & excited ARRMAforum member!. The actual meaning of the word Admiration is "Respect & warm approval"... It's just a shame this hasnt been expressed both ways in Vas's relationship with Horizon Hobbies & ultimately the ARRMA brand!!. Your lose Horizon & ARRMA you had in my opinion the best ambassador you could wish for in Vas @Aussie RC Playground !!!.
Im sure i speak on behalf of others aswell as myself Vas!! Nothing but HUGE thanks ?

After saying truth things about arrma cars and he get slaped like that ?
Wait is hobbyshop wont receive arrma and horizon products anymore?? If im understanding correctly

I really don't see this as news. I knew he was persona non grata to Arrma after he lambasted the Kraton 8S in his video review. This was AFTER breaking the NDA. If I was HH/Arrma I would have done the same thing. They probably could have worked past the NDA violation but following it up with a video calling the K8S the worst vehicle in the Arrma lineup was the kiss of death. If he didn't see this coming than I really feel sorry for him.

But that's a double edged sword if you think about it for a consumer like me.
You can clearly see from his other videos his passion for RC's and his love for the Arrma brand. Whenever you see his shelves is filled to the brim with Arrma crap.

But besides breaking the NDA, if Vas didn't give his honest opinion about the car do you think we would have gotten a V2 model that quickly?

After saying truth things about arrma cars and he get slaped like that ?
Wait is hobbyshop wont receive arrma and horizon products anymore?? If im understanding correctly

That would suck because I remember right he's just a employee of the hobby store he works at.

A company or corporation has the right to choose who and what they want to represent their products. But at the end of the day they should have answered his emails or phone calls to tell him the direction they were going in a private/professional manner. To ghost a long time associate/reviewer that has sold a ton of products with his work deserves that closure and not to get it in a commit section of a YT video. Two wrongs don’t make a right. I’m sure his latest video was the last nail in his coffin with Arrma ,but he had to know that before making it. Maybe he thought all the supporting commits would change Arrms’s mind.

Leaking that picture sold more k8s than anything. It’s all we talked about here for a month. If it’s the pic I saw, the second it was on my screen I knew I had to have one. He broke the rules and then Talbot put his video up early...the whole thing was ridiculous. The fact that I’m in my 50’s and even care is ridiculous...The stupid car comes out, everyone breaks it, than another version a month later with braces and a different radio. Who the hell is running the show over at horizon. Maybe they are doing Vas a favor.

But that's a double edged sword if you think about it for a consumer like me.
You can clearly see from his other videos his passion for RC's and his love for the Arrma brand. Whenever you see his shelves is filled to the brim with Arrma crap.

But besides breaking the NDA, if Vas didn't give his honest opinion about the car do you think we would have gotten a V2 model that quickly?

That would suck because I remember right he's just a employee of the hobby store he works at.
Vas was being paid by HH/Arrma in free trucks. Not only were they free, but he got them early. I'd have a huge passion too if that were the case with me ?

Have you seen his Kraton 8S "review?" If not, watch it. If you have, how can you not see that as a relationship severing event. It was not one of his typical product reviews. I'll leave it at that.

I'm going to go watch his latest video. I doubt it will change my mind as I already have many of the facts. I was a big fan of his channel for a long time.

I despise social media, and in particular how "reviewers" or "influencers"(puke..) have taken over how products are reviewed. For the most part they get freebies, do a short term review, and don't say anything negative so they can continue to get free stuff. It's gross.. The lack of longer-term perspective, and also I-paid-for-it-with-my-own-hard-earned-money perspective is totally underappreciated IMO... With his Kraton videos though, I think there was a cumulative effect which convinced me to get one..

So in the case of ARCP, I did go to his reviews - and trust them, and ultimately just bought my Kraton 6S based to a large extent on the faith I had in it based on his reviews. It soudns like it kind of went to poop for him. Which is unfortunate. But oh well.. What's that pyramid thing called about life priorities? RC isn't very high - and it shouldn't be...

One last point - Horizon is an absolutely, completely and entirely despicable company. I was into LST2s years ago, and even back then there was talk about how corporate Horizon had gutted and was ruining Losi. I was around for YEARS when people were waiting for an E-LST2, and Losi was just out of the picture. Meanwhile TT figured out how to re-purpose the ancient ST-1 to make the MT4 G3... For the last several years I have been into flying more than cars, and I have had to observe how Horizon has just been getting worse and worse.. 10 years ago they had Parkzone - now they have massively overpriced planes, but have cut major corners on quality.. I had two planes crash to oblivion at 100+ mph with melted ESCs... :rolleyes: Anyway, I finally decided to get a Kraton (after being convinced about them years ago thanks largely to ARCP), and wen to two LHSs here in Germany. Both guys looked up availability - about a month ago - and said they had no clue when they'd be back. They both said Horizon was a disaster - no availability, no service, etc.. One guy even reckoned they'd probably fold up shop in Europe the way things look now..

Anyway, tough luck for VAS. But ultimately if he tied his fate to Horizon, as unfortunate as that is, well.... Sorry - it's an awful company.

The video IMO wasn't terribly dignified. I understand he's frustrated. But it sounds like he just needs to stiffen up and start thinking about how he's gonna' accept it, overcome it, react to it, and move forward..

Last edited:
Leaking that picture sold more k8s than anything. It’s all we talked about here for a month. If it’s the pic I saw, the second it was on my screen I knew I had to have one. He broke the rules and then Talbot put his video up early...the whole thing was ridiculous. The fact that I’m in my 50’s and even care is ridiculous...The stupid car comes out, everyone breaks it, than another version a month later with braces and a different radio. Who the hell is running the show over at horizon. Maybe they are doing Vas a favor.
"The fact I'm in my 50's and even care is ridiculous" ?... Brilliantly put! ?

Man I love Vas's videos because
- His in-depth unboxing. If you don't like it don't watch it.
- His xS lipo runs is great to watch and he usually does it on BMX track for bashers to see
- After all that he does a great review of all the things he saw and thinks might be an issue

Looking at some of the comments... Dude HH is huge in this hobby.
I just started to play with RC cars last year and I'm a old ass man, but one of the things I love is looking at the cooperation side of things.
HH is one of the biggest players in the western world when it comes to the RC market. Arrma, Losi, Team Losi Racing, Axial, Vaterra etc etc.
I know Vas just really play with Arrma products from their line up but that's pretty big losing them as support.

Also what is this deal about Kevin Talbot talking trash about Vas? I haven't watched all of Vas's video but is he pretty much saying it was Kevin that 'leaked' the photo? And what photo are they talking about? Bent Kraton 8S Chassis?

Because if so that kind of disappointments me if Kevin is talking trash about Vas. I enjoy Kevin's content as he enjoys and loves his RCs, but he has ZERO F's to give when sending it. And I enjoy that he's willing to take his RC and smash it up for my enjoyment so I can see how REALLY durable they are.

Dang man all the communities I'm part of this year is falling apart.
Drama Community getting killed by YouTube
Video Game community getting huge MeToo'ed right now with people trying to wade through what is real and whats lies
The Beauty community imploding right now
lol... 2020 is a poop show.
The leaked photo involved a pre release photo of the Kraton 8S. It wasn’t a photo he took. It was provided to him and he shared it with two others, people he thought he could trust, breaching his NDA, and costing him his relationship with Arrma. Vas hasn’t mentioned anyone by name. I know that Kevin and Claire were rumored to be involved at the time, but don’t take that as gospel. I don’t know if Kevin was involved at all.
Whoa, this guy Vas ADMITS to flat out breaking a NDA. For taking A picture and sending it to not one but "a couple people" and is then upset because they didn't give him a virtual handshake and say goodbye.

Then new RC's come out and he's crying because he wasn't told about them and he can't believe it.

Take RC out of this... lets pretend a friend told you a very personal secret and told you not to tell anyone and instead you in turn and tell others and send them a recording of said secret. Do you really think that friend owes you crap now? Do you really think that friend should have to come back to you again and say "thanks for all the years, but I'm done". Hell no. No.

Man up and grow up. This is silly. Then he goes on to say he's "not upset of the whole free car thing" clearly he is. That what every list bit of this is about. How about run your channel like most any other person. Get the product when they are out, with your own money, and do reviews.

His entire channel is based on getting free stuff, before others and doing unboxings and reviews... and in some cases even breaking NDA's for the funs.

He demands Arrma and Horizon Hobby to reach out to him. They owe him nothing. They've supplied him with Arrma RC's for years and tons of information only to have him turn around and tell others when told not to. HE ADMITS LEAKING A PHOTO, if not the photo that went around like crazy or not but that doesn't matter. HE BROKE THEIR TRUST.

Their ignoring him IS their closure. He broke their trust and relationship and and of course it's classic not his fault. HH and Arrma are the ones to blame for all this, and this silly video. He's mad because they aren't sending him RC's and ignoring him. Grow up and take responsibility. He royally blew it, this is entirely on him and to blame either company is laughable.
I guess for me it is less about the business part of it and more to do with the bullying he’s receiving. The sea between himself and HH is non of my business. But when someone is threatened by internet bullies, I try to throw my support behind the guy being targeted. My goal was to let Vas know I had his back and enjoyed his content. Seems like the right thing to do.

Now it’s pretty clear this was a self inflicted wound (braking the NDA) and he has said he understands if that is their reason why. But HH or Arrma could have been up front and just told him that. It’s unprofessional to leave him swinging in the breeze. Worse yet you toss out a casual message in a live chat to make it public that you’re fired is pretty classless. Now there may be more to the story than we know, so I’m not judging anyone here. I will still continue to buy and support Arrma myself. That could change with more info, but at this time, I’m ok with what has gone down, with exception of the idiots throwing out threats.

✌?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back