Pls help Faulty hot racing shocks anybody know why wheeper hole leaks

Don mercier

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Senton
I just got a pair of 100mm HR shocks and no matter how tight or loose i put the cap, oil comes out the vent hole until its half empty, can anyone help me resolve this problem. Was thinking maybe i could stick a toothpick in the hole and break it off.

Don mercier

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Senton
Ya i did but just wondering if anyone else has run into this problem or knows some way of fixing this problem
I found someone that suggested to put a piece of sponge in the blatter, it seen to help, atleast ive got a bit of preload now and no leak, im assuming that the blatter is weak

Notorious J

DESTROYER OF RC PLASTIC PARTS!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Notorious
I need a photo of the shock and exactly where the hole you say is. My guess is that one of your shocks is either missing or has a faulty diaphragm. Could be an o ring, but it sounds like it's leaking somewhere other that the bottom. Tbh, I didn't know HR made shocks. I'll check their website to get my own perspective if you give me a part number

Don mercier

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Senton
I need a photo of the shock and exactly where the hole you say is. My guess is that one of your shocks is either missing or has a faulty diaphragm. Could be an o ring, but it sounds like it's leaking somewhere other that the bottom. Tbh, I didn't know HR made shocks. I'll check their website to get my own perspective if you give me a part number
Theres a wheeping hole the size of a needle, i jammed a toothpick in the hole and and someone eles told me too put a small piece of sponge in the diaphragm, it helped a bit

Don mercier

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Senton

Notorious J

DESTROYER OF RC PLASTIC PARTS!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Notorious
Theres a wheeping hole the size of a needle, i jammed a toothpick in the hole and and someone eles told me too put a small piece of sponge in the diaphragm, it helped a bit
Shocks should not leak oil, except from a bad o-ring. Do you have a part number so I can look up the shock?

Don mercier

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Senton
Ok here is the part number

Attachments