Pls help Faulty hot racing shocks anybody know why wheeper hole leaks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don mercier

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I just got a pair of 100mm HR shocks and no matter how tight or loose i put the cap, oil comes out the vent hole until its half empty, can anyone help me resolve this problem. Was thinking maybe i could stick a toothpick in the hole and break it off.

Ya i did but just wondering if anyone else has run into this problem or knows some way of fixing this problem
I found someone that suggested to put a piece of sponge in the blatter, it seen to help, atleast ive got a bit of preload now and no leak, im assuming that the blatter is weak

I need a photo of the shock and exactly where the hole you say is. My guess is that one of your shocks is either missing or has a faulty diaphragm. Could be an o ring, but it sounds like it's leaking somewhere other that the bottom. Tbh, I didn't know HR made shocks. I'll check their website to get my own perspective if you give me a part number

I need a photo of the shock and exactly where the hole you say is. My guess is that one of your shocks is either missing or has a faulty diaphragm. Could be an o ring, but it sounds like it's leaking somewhere other that the bottom. Tbh, I didn't know HR made shocks. I'll check their website to get my own perspective if you give me a part number
Theres a wheeping hole the size of a needle, i jammed a toothpick in the hole and and someone eles told me too put a small piece of sponge in the diaphragm, it helped a bit

Theres a wheeping hole the size of a needle, i jammed a toothpick in the hole and and someone eles told me too put a small piece of sponge in the diaphragm, it helped a bit
Shocks should not leak oil, except from a bad o-ring. Do you have a part number so I can look up the shock?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190103-204151.png
    Screenshot_20190103-204151.png
    730.5 KB · Views: 49
Ok here is the part number

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190112-204412.png
    Screenshot_20190112-204412.png
    311.7 KB · Views: 43
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back