Big Rock Plugged my battery in wrong

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tutur74170

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Hello,
Yesterday i wanted to drive my rc and i plugged my battery in, turned on the ESC and after 5 seconds smoke did go out of the ESC. I unplugged everything and realized i had wrongly plugged my battery...The - cable on the + side of the battery and vice versa...It was late so i did let it rest during the night. Today when i plug the battery the esc turn on but a green light flashes, steering works but there is no reaction to throttle input, i tried to reset it and it doesn't works, the green light stays flashing and it looks like the set button isn't working...do you think my esc is dead? Has something similar ever happened to you?

Do you think the ESC Is the only thing gone? Or has the motor been affected too?
Pretty sure it would just be the ESC. Fans can run backwards.

It’s just the esc. What batter connector are you using that you could put it on with reverse polarity? Seems like that’d be hard with almost all connectors that are currently used.

It’s just the esc. What batter connector are you using that you could put it on with reverse polarity? Seems like that’d be hard with almost all connectors that are currently used.
Shorty racing pack with bullet connectors, my guess.

Hello,
Yesterday i wanted to drive my rc and i plugged my battery in, turned on the ESC and after 5 seconds smoke did go out of the ESC. I unplugged everything and realized i had wrongly plugged my battery...The - cable on the + side of the battery and vice versa...It was late so i did let it rest during the night. Today when i plug the battery the esc turn on but a green light flashes, steering works but there is no reaction to throttle input, i tried to reset it and it doesn't works, the green light stays flashing and it looks like the set button isn't working...do you think my esc is dead? Has something similar ever happened to you?
I just did this same thing to my Hobbywing WP10BL50 esc in my RC10B2 ?
Once you let the magic smoke out there really is no way to get it back in.
Hard case lipos with removable leads like these most likely, I have like 3 of them that I use.

Screenshot_20200421-123735_Chrome.jpg

I'm using a hardcase lipo with removable leads
Well, you could also see that as opportunity to upgrade :D
I would either get a MAX10 SCT or a BLX120 from Jenny's RC (you could also get the BLX100 like @Yonic said, but the BLX120 only costs 7.18$ more, so why not just get that)
I always wondered what's the difference between the BLX 100 and the 120...anyone has an idea about this? Also if I decide to take a MAX10SCT, what will I need to do in order to get it running?

I'm using a hardcase lipo with removable leads

I always wondered what's the difference between the BLX 100 and the 120...anyone has an idea about this? Also if I decide to take a MAX10SCT, what will I need to do in order to get it running?
BLX100 is limited to 3s the BLX120 is 4s otherwise they are both rebranded neutered MAX10SCT ecs.

Iirc the Max10 should be a direct bolt on, all you should have to do is plug it in and do the throttle calibration sequence. I don't remember if it comes with a mounting plate or not.

And as a side note pay attention to which Max10 SCT you buy, there are 3 different versions floating around, one is the Max10 SCT RTR it is only an 80a 3s capable esc, I tried to run one in my Typhon and it would cut out under load, then there is yet another Max10 SCT RTR that is 120a and 4s capable but does not have the temp port for the motor, then there is the actual Hobbywing Max10 SCT 120a 4s capable esc you want that one. As Hobbywing does not provide support for the other 2 escs as they are made for Redcat Racing for th 80a and I don't remember who the 120a is made for.
Screenshot_20200416-171517_Drive.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back