Plywood type for ramps and bending

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stiles

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
What kind of plywood are you guys for your ramps? I’m trying to build a ramp that has a 12’ diameter circle I used to make the angle. It’s about 29” high by 58”. I just can’t get it to bend to that angle without it wanting to snap.

1/2" osb will bend- just go a little at a time, and use long screws. 3/8 works, but it doesn't hold up so well to unruly kratons...

Thickness isn't everything. There is give between the layers, and they will stretch and slide with impacts. Have made ramps with 1/2" osb, not hard. Just go slow and use long screws

I like to leave my ramps outside, does the lab last?

Yeah but it was not bending for shiit. 1/2 ?

Gallon jug of waterproofing is $8. Depends on the plywood, have an array in the backyard, some ply held better than the osb, some didn't

Waterproofing huh? Okay I’ll try that. Thanks guys

Osb held up better over the winter for me. The layered ply came apart almost completely
Osb-
20210502_195951.jpg

1/2" ply (with a 6s Kraton sized hole repaired with some pine veneer and hardiboard)
20210502_200018.jpg
20210502_200002.jpg

Layered 1/4" ply- or what's left of it...
20210502_200042.jpg

The last one was treated with some waterproofing, the others weren't

Maybe some of that floor epoxy with the stuff you can throw down for grip? I’ve used it on wood before and it binds good. I was thinking of trying that too but it’s like 30 bucks

Maybe some of that floor epoxy with the stuff you can throw down for grip? I’ve used it on wood before and it binds good. I was thinking of trying that too but it’s like 30 bucks
Going to be more expensive with the global resin shortage

I used marine ply, holds up better than the standard stuff......... cops a thrashing but is holding up just fine.
Soaking that ramp before screwing it down softens it up and makes it a little more malleable in regards to bending it. I had my partner on the ramp with me for extra weight while it was pinned.

62806315-0776-4000-8CF6-F9EB5F0E7935.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back