Kraton PnP Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom T

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi all, new here obviously. I used to race back in the day (mid 70s to mid 80s) and loved the sport. Been out of RC up until about 5 years ago when I started flying. And as usual I now own quite a fleet of planes. Had a hankering for another RC car, so did some research and spent most of the weekend watching different cars perform on youtube. I was tempted to go nitro with a Revo 3.3, but running it in the neighborhood would surely draw the cops hehe. Anyway was and am impressed with the Kratens Ive been seeing on youtube sooo, a Kraten it will be. My question though, does Arrma not sell just a plug n play model? Im a leftie and (again back in the 70s) I had purchased a Futaba 3 channel TX that could swivel its head to accomodate lefties or those other weird people that are right handed. :) I really hate to pay for an RTR setup when Im going to have to just buy another radio anyway that is switchable for leftie. I have a limited use right arm from an accident ions ago and know my right elbow wont put up with that much use for very long. I assume the Tactic radio that comes in the RTR box isnt switchable?

Thanks, and cant hardly wait to own an Arrma Kraten.

I think they are all for righty....You have to get a new radio and swap it out... Just sell the radio setup from Kraton...

I’m a lefty and can drive pretty good;), the car is well worth the price even if you want to toss the radio. You can always get $30 bucks or so for it on eBay. If you haven’t had an electric car for a while you are in for real treat, you won’t miss nitro at all. Welcome back, have fun!

Thanks, I guess thats what I will have to do. Have been reading this forum (and glad I found it) from top to bottom. Already have plenty of 1s-6s packs for all the planes. Have plenty of 6s-5500 60c roaring top packs from this mah pig. It takes 2 per flight and on a good day we get 4:30 minutes of flight heheh. Dang pig, but sure is fun. Will try some 3s packs the 1st day, but no guarantees on the 2nd day with the kraten.
:)

That thing is awesome! How fast does it fly?

You will love the Kraton, it’s an awesome rig. I was away for a while too, something like 4-5 months when I think about it but it feels longer for some reason. Anyway, took my Kraton out on Thanksgiving and it has pulled me right back in. My 8 year old daughter had a blast with it on 6S (pretty open yard) so it made even that much more fun.

This is something that Arrma really needs to bring to the table are kitted and ARR versions of their cars. I would be all over that like a fat kid on free cake.
Right now the closest you can get to a kit is something like this off eBay, I sure as hell hope those are just stock photos though as those pictures are of a V2 Kraton which you would not want to buy for that price. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arrma-Krat...74da92:g:SQQAAOSwmtNbU3Pb:rk:10:pf:0&LH_BIN=1
Buying this way you will need the following.
  • Motor
  • Esc
  • radio system
  • steering servo
  • wheels/tires
  • body
  • batteries
  • charger

Almost be better to buy a rtr arrma and sell off what you don’t want. That is what they are doing...

Factory motor and ESC are alright but the servo is blah and the factory radio is pretty simple as well. I would buy a truck complete minus a TX/RX and opt for my own and save say 40 bucks off the price of the rig.

Hey @Tom T welcome to ArrmaForum and nice looking plane you've got there!

Arrma doesn't sell and kit models. In fact most of the surface RC's are sold as Ready-To-Runs anymore. If you're wanting to go with a "kit" or almost-ready-to-run route then you're best bet would be to buy something like @slick2500 linked above or buy another brand altogether.

Tekno is another great RC brand and all of their cars and trucks are sold as kits. Be warned though, they cost more and come with no electronics at all. You can check out our other site, www.TeknoForums.com for more info.

Thanks, I guess thats what I will have to do. Have been reading this forum (and glad I found it) from top to bottom. Already have plenty of 1s-6s packs for all the planes. Have plenty of 6s-5500 60c roaring top packs from this mah pig. It takes 2 per flight and on a good day we get 4:30 minutes of flight heheh. Dang pig, but sure is fun. Will try some 3s packs the 1st day, but no guarantees on the 2nd day with the kraten.
:)
That ain't a pig, it is a HAWG! :)

And X111 on a 80% "kit" version of the 1/8 trucks. Clear body, no electrics, tires unglued, $350 for Kraton/Outcast, they'd sell a boat load.

That ain't a pig, it is a HAWG! :)

And X111 on a 80% "kit" version of the 1/8 trucks. Clear body, no electrics, tires unglued, $350 for Kraton/Outcast, they'd sell a boat load.
Yep. I would most likely buy a 2nd Kraton (1st one is my 6 year olds) and a Talion if they had kits like that for $325-350.

You won't go wrong with the kraton, I have the V3 and if you had to buy a TX you will be happy

Ok, Kraton was ordered this morning (sweet). I suppose one of the first items I will need is some different diff juice. Is there a preferred brand? Then I'll worry about a new servo and bracket after I run it several times. Going to seem odd having an RC toy with only 1 servo in it. My 1700mm A-10 has 11 lol, but they arent quite as expensive to replace. In the middle of building a Hangar 9 P47 thunderbolt (6' wingspan) which uses 7 hitec digital 5645 mg servos and those are 40 bucks a pop.

Attachments

• 20180903_192343.jpg
    20180903_192343.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 16
Just took the Kraton out for its maiden flight...errr... run on a local parking lot and the ajoining grass area just to get used to her. Went straight to my 6s packs, and Oh hell yes!! Thats some fun stuff right there. Really glad I did my research on the different off road cars out there before buying the Kraton instead of the Revo 3.3. Love this animal!!

Does everyone elses Kraton seem to have a lot of rear toe-in? I haven't had much time to run mine yet (5 or 6 packs so far) but I swear the rear left has an unusual amount of toe in on it. I tried to get a clear picture but cant seem to get it in a picture. Ive pulled the wheels and checked everything and nothings unusual. I cant see a way to adjust the rear toe. Im kind of surprised theres that much slop in the A arm hinge pins and even around the bearing supports.

Last edited:
Does everyone elses Kraton seem to have a lot of rear toe-in? I haven't had much time to run mine yet (5 or 6 packs so far) but I swear the rear left has an unusual amount of toe in on it. I tried to get a clear picture but cant seem to get it in a picture. Ive pulled the wheels and checked everything and nothings unusual. I cant see a way to adjust the rear toe. Im kind of surprised theres that much slop in the A arm hinge pins and even around the bearing supports.

You should shim the axle carriers to eliminate some slop, to do that you need to put shims like these https://www.amainhobbies.com/protek-rc-13x16x0.1mm-drive-cup-washer-10-ptk-h-5903/p188791 behind the smaller bearing

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back