Poll: If ARRMA does not change out the Spektrum STX2 in the next line up will you really not buy one?

Will you buy the next ARRMA RTR release if they still include the Spektrum STX2 system?

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Custnam

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
After reading a few more threads and comments about the Spektrum STX2 I just thought it would be interesting to see who will REALLY boycott the next release(s) if they don't swap out the STX2 with something better. Ive read a lot of comments where people said they would not buy one, but just wanted to know who was serious about it, and why? I myself would still buy one just to get something new then get another Flysky receiver for my FS-GT5, but I know it would be better not to. Nothing speaks to a company more than money (or lack thereof), so that would be the best way to let them know we aint having it. I know the STX3 is out and I read some mixed thoughts about it. Not sure if its just a 3 channel version of the same radio with the same issues (minus the plastic wheel). So what about you guys? Are you fed up with spending that kind of cash for an RC with a garbage radio system, or do you really not care because you already know you wont be using what it comes with anyways like me?

I never use the RTR radio. I'd actually be upset if they included a better radio and jacked up the price. The radio would have to be better than my DX5 Rugged in order for me to care and that never happening.

Depends on the type of buyer. The average RTR newcomer wont know the difference. The Long time hobbyist that knows the chassis is more important with the purchase and realizes that the STX2 crap is just ancillary and plans on using an already purchased RX/TX or even multimodel Radio probably wont care. There are those however that rely on the included radio as part of the whole RTR package and may deem it a poor purchase just because of this very poor STX2 radio.
I am disappointed about the STX2. HH lowered their cost per unit by using this radio. Obviously keeping price point low. Many don't care about this. The STX2 wont dissuade me from buying another Arrma release. I've been a Kit builder for so long, that Radio's are considered ancillary and simply upgradeable. Some of my Arrmas are setup on my multimodel DX5C and yet some others are using their own Tactic TTX300. I have a STX2 that sits in my bin. It will never see another rig again.:LOL:

My opinion is that Arrma should keep the STX2 with the cheaper 3S/4S line. That's where it belongs if at all. Due to their pricepoint and target customer.
All $550.+ Arrma rigs should include a better Spektrum DSMR radio, or a Tactic TTX300 at minimum. And that DX2E doesn't really thrill me.
Its a no frills AVC radio. The AVC features are watered down.

Last edited:
Are charge more money? Pass.
No more money, just fix the them so they work properly. It can really turn off a newcomer when the shocks leak in the box

The stx2 is the only reason I haven't purchased any over the last year. I have a FSGT5 too, but with 3 kids I can't put all the trucks on 1 radio and expect them to just wait their turn. I do have a stx2 that I used for a granite spare parts build, and I'm grossly unimpressed by it. My 4 year old is the only one that'll tolerate it's lack of range and glitchy control. Probably because he's never really in full control anyways! Lol

The stx2 is the only reason I haven't purchased any over the last year. I have a FSGT5 too, but with 3 kids I can't put all the trucks on 1 radio and expect them to just wait their turn. I do have a stx2 that I used for a granite spare parts build, and I'm grossly unimpressed by it. My 4 year old is the only one that'll tolerate it's lack of range and glitchy control. Probably because he's never really in full control anyways! Lol
Are the old Tactics selling for a lot of money? I guess you could buy a Traxxas and hey a better radio but is that more cost effective than buying am Arrma and getting a used Tactic? Maybe it is. The STX is a crap radio no doubt.

Arrma didn’t lower the price when they switched from the Tactic to the STX2, so why would they need to raise the price to go back to a basic, but functional radio today? While I do use my Tactic in my Granite, I use my Futaba for the others. I have plenty of radios to swap out, but for the FNG sake, I really hope they fix this cluster f&$k.

Sad to see that the vote show that Arrma can still continu to put this crap with their RTRs and they don't really have to care about this finally :LOL: .

I have bought the Notorious knowing that the STX2 is a crap, i never used it. But, it is better when you can still use the RTR transmitter. Most of them do their job, out of 2 or 3 from my experience. It can also have disappointing results when you don't know that the transmitter is crap, unwanted fatal crash. About the STX2, we have the chance to know this in advence.

Sad to see that the vote show that Arrma can still continu to put this crap with their RTRs and they don't really have to care about this finally :LOL: .

I have bought the Notorious knowing that the STX2 is a crap, i never used it. But, it is better when you can still use the RTR transmitter. Most of them do their job, out of 2 or 3 from my experience. It can also have disappointing results when you don't know that the transmitter is crap, unwanted fatal crash. About the STX2, we have the chance to know this in advence.
I guess it depends on the user (obviously). I could give a rat's ass about the RTR radio. FWIW I thought the Tactic sucked and I'd never use it. I view the RTR radios like the RTR servos. That said I can definitely see the other side ???

Are the old Tactics selling for a lot of money? I guess you could buy a Traxxas and hey a better radio but is that more cost effective than buying am Arrma and getting a used Tactic? Maybe it is. The STX is a crap radio no doubt.
I've already tried the traxxas avenue, and that is NOT the way to go. I'm not mad that they gave up on the tactic and went stx2. I just won't buy another rtr with a radio I know is sub par. We have enough trucks to have fun, and I believe they'll change to a different system in due time. I'm willing to wait.

I've already tried the traxxas avenue, and that is NOT the way to go. I'm not mad that they gave up on the tactic and went stx2. I just won't buy another rtr with a radio I know is sub par. We have enough trucks to have fun, and I believe they'll change to a different system in due time. I'm willing to wait.
The radios are a product of HH owning Arrma. It's not their call. Let's just say that someone very high up in Arrma once told me to ditch the "sh!t radio." That's not a paraphrase either. Word for word. Does that sound like something someone would say who had a direct say in including said radio? ? They had no choice.

Back