Polo Creations buyer beware

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I did get the LED lights for the front and rear light bar from Polo. They need to be trimmed, and it's a good thing I know a little about such things. Presently doing the cut outs on the body of the "Fat Rock" for fit. I poop you not, "just trim around the stickers" is bogus, lol. They are quite a bit bigger, but that's a good place to start. A Dremel and Z series blades on your xacto are mandatory.

IMG_5391.JPG

OK, here's the deal.... Got everything installed tonight and it is bright. On the Big Rock, it would be a great idea to have modeling skills as everything needs to be cut just right. Having said that, all lights are 3d on a plane, so there is no give for the front curve on the Arrma body..... Other than that, these lights are pretty darn awesome.

IMG_5399.JPG

IMG_5400.JPG

IMG_5401.JPG

IMG_5402.JPG

IMG_5403.JPG

I mounted the LED junction to the body so there was just one lead to hook up to the receiver. All LED's are on when the power is on, but for 8 bucks you can get a controller so you turn them all on or off an a specific channel. I used a little bit of Silicone RTV to hold the lights in. Using your specific brand of super glue would be much cleaner, but want the option of replacing bodies when I destroy this one. Just saying, Polo was my only option for the Big Rock and eventually it worked out.

IMG_5428.JPG

IMG_5429.JPG

IMG_5430.JPG

Never got my money back or my parts from them. They won't even respond to me anymore. Took a chance and ordered some lights from em since everyone here loves em.....and got 2 of the 3 lights I ordered. Supposedly the missing one is coming Monday. Never again. Eff them.

@Smilinbri I found out today that their roof mounted Big Rock light bar and supposed skid plate is fragile as glass. Granted, I flipped it on it's lid at well over 50 mph and maybe even 60 or more when trying to break 70 mph, but it exploded. The Traxxas roof protector is going back on, lol. I gotta say though, it was quite the spin/skid... BTW, I got a PB of 71.85 mph. :)

IMG_5432.JPG

Never got my money back or my parts from them. They won't even respond to me anymore. Took a chance and ordered some lights from em since everyone here loves em.....and got 2 of the 3 lights I ordered. Supposedly the missing one is coming Monday. Never again. Eff them.
what were you trying to get lights for? If it's a typhon or something the murat kit is definitely better.

what were you trying to get lights for? If it's a typhon or something the murat kit is definitely better.
Ooooo...now you tell me this! :ROFLMAO: Yeah, Typhon and Infraction. Got Typhon tail light but not head light. Tracking says its coming tomorrow. Murats got some cool stuff. I'll look there in future. Thanks!
@Smilinbri I found out today that their roof mounted Big Rock light bar and supposed skid plate is fragile as glass. Granted, I flipped it on it's lid at well over 50 mph and maybe even 60 or more when trying to break 70 mph, but it exploded. The Traxxas roof protector is going back on, lol. I gotta say though, it was quite the spin/skid... BTW, I got a PB of 71.85 mph. :)

View attachment 247297
Yeah, it's going on my Infraction. Thanks for the heads up. I'll let you know when my explodes as I'm sure it'll be right after I install it! :ROFLMAO:

And congrats on PB!! (y)🍻

Ooooo...now you tell me this! :ROFLMAO: Yeah, Typhon and Infraction. Got Typhon tail light but not head light. Tracking says its coming tomorrow. Murats got some cool stuff. I'll look there in future. Thanks!

Yeah, it's going on my Infraction. Thanks for the heads up. I'll let you know when my explodes as I'm sure it'll be right after I install it! :ROFLMAO:

And congrats on PB!! (y)🍻

Lol and thanks! Having a barley pop as we speak.

I purchased from SuperbrightLED's a few times, but for another non RC project. Car related. Never any shipping issues at all. They have been around for a while.
Their stuff mainly runs off 12v. Automotive stuff. Prices are more realistic. I find any RC related stuff that are just repurposed accessories from other uses. i.e. PC fans etc and lighting are quite expensive. They can justify higher pricing only because it keeps in line with other $$ RC related goods. Seems anything RC related is way over priced in general. I am not even considering current Inflationary increases.
I like Leds on my rigs just for night bashing or speed running. So I can see my rig from a distance. I just do my own modding to get the lights mounted. And always mounted to the chassis. Not the body. Simplifies things greatly. Most times just one at front one and rear. All I need. White for the fronts, red for the rear whatever it takes to mount a simple LED. High power Chip LED's are not needed for me. The standard diode LED barrel mounts can be found very cheap if you look hard. A little soldering and cheap connectors goes goes a long way.
When you start getting into body specific headlamp bezel's and exact Plug and Play bolt on stuff it gets very expensive. They are usually quite delicate as if for a static model.

When you bash, LED lighting usually won't last long anyway, so I don't look to make my lighting scale looking and spending alot of $$$. I can usually do a light set for less than $15. in parts. Using simple LED's. $Light$ bars are nice. But not necessary for me. I've smashed one and the others just burned out. My Crawlers get the best use of them when hiking on the trails. For bashing, I destroyed 2 of them. And they were MTRC 2 inch ones. Not so water proofed at that. Plenty bright. I just find they can be blinding at night as well.

Last edited:
The murat kit on my talion xl has survived multiple bashes and is really durable. I don't know what they make the stuff out of but I'm 100% satisfied with the quality and durability. Even the wires higher quality than polo.

1664819838117.png

Since the so called "front light bar and skid plate" shattered like glass, as well as the right headlight, I decided to make lemonade out of lemons. I grabbed a cheap LED controller off Amazon and used the passenger side headlight/foglight LED's under the protected area under the windshield. I'm calling the open passenger side head/fog light an "Air Intake" for added cooling, lol.

Since the so called "front light bar and skid plate" shattered like glass, as well as the right headlight, I decided to make lemonade out of lemons. I grabbed a cheap LED controller off Amazon and used the passenger side headlight/foglight LED's under the protected area under the windshield. I'm calling the open passenger side head/fog light an "Air Intake" for added cooling, lol.

Nice! Love the air intake! :ROFLMAO:

I know Polo Creations get a bad grade from some. Just sharing a post here when they do go out their way to help.

:cool:

Unfortunately I'm falling in the same camp as the original poster from this thread. I ordered light kits for my son and I and both came with parts that were not the same as the video descriptions. It's been almost a month since I emailed Polo and mum's the word. Also, I did manage to get the front headlight installed on my son's Typhon - which cracked on his first drive (and we were not doing heavy bashing at all.... laps around the park with a roll or two on a fast corner). I'll be happy to edit this post if I hear back and have these issues addressed, but I feel like I basically threw my money away. Buyers Beware and learn from my mistake.

IMG_1398.jpeg

Unfortunately I'm falling in the same camp as the original poster from this thread. I ordered light kits for my son and I and both came with parts that were not the same as the video descriptions. It's been almost a month since I emailed Polo and mum's the word. Also, I did manage to get the front headlight installed on my son's Typhon - which cracked on his first drive (and we were not doing heavy bashing at all.... laps around the park with a roll or two on a fast corner). I'll be happy to edit this post if I hear back and have these issues addressed, but I feel like I basically threw my money away. Buyers Beware and learn from my mistake.

View attachment 273560
https://murat-rc.com/en_US/p/Light-Kit-ARRMA-TYPHON-3S-BLX-And-Mega-18-Buggy-murat-rc/61

about 2 weeks for shipping from poland. I've never broken a murat rc light kit. Only time I even look at polo now is if murat doesn't have it or for the limitless kit.

View attachment 273560
Sorry to hear about this.
Polo creations uses substandard materials and charges a premium for it.
I broke both felony tail light housings and decided to fabricate my own out of aluminum strips.
Never again nor will ever I recommend them.

Hello everyone,
Decided to go with the polo creations light kit for my felony.
After ordering the “complete” kit it shipped last month incomplete.
Missing critical parts such as the driver, remote and wiring harnesses. So basically dead in the water until they decide to ship the remaining order.
So still waiting after several emails later with customer support. Still no parts.
Been on going for a bout two to three weeks now and I’m starting to have buyers remorse.
Has anyone else experienced this with this company?
When or if they show I hope it works lol.
Never again.

Ugh I feel better now that I vented.
I have had a horrible experience also. The have straight up lied to me. I caught them and provide proof. They will not answer any emails now. After weeks they just canceled my order too. No refund that I see yet. I'm going ro write a letter to the state attorney general. The BBB and anyone else i can find. Youtube video mabey? See if they can be fined or something.

I have had a horrible experience also. The have straight up lied to me. I caught them and provide proof. They will not answer any emails now. After weeks they just canceled my order too. No refund that I see yet. I'm going ro write a letter to the state attorney general. The BBB and anyone else i can find. Youtube video mabey? See if they can be fined or something.
You tube maybe?
To write a letter and looking for other ways to hold them accountable is just not worth the energy and effort.
A bad reputation and word of mouth is far more effective.
Sorry to hear you got burned.
Good luck

I placed 2 orders with them mid January, 1 showed as shipped for a week before it actually left Florida. The other, I tried the contact seller option through the Shop app, and I emailed requesting a cancelation. 4 or 5 days after sending said email, it shows as shipped but has not left Florida yet. I received the 1st order that looks to be complete, but with the lackluster shipping information and not receiving a response, I'm reluctant to do business with them again.

Back