Kraton Polo Creations light kit installation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sander MS

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Just got the kit, but I'm not sure how to mount it. Couldn't find any good tutorials on YouTube.
Do any of you have it installed?
If so, could you upload some pictures?

I installed the Polo Creations light kit in my Felony.
No instructions, nothing on their website.
It took much longer than I expected - much time was spent planning / figuring out the best way to mount things.
I ended up figuring it out myself ..... drilling holes to mount lights and epoxy / shoegoo to hold things in place.
I also found the wiring on the light kit was way too long - I ended up cutting and re-soldering all wire harnesses (I hate excess wire as it is hard to secure and looks terrible).
Used foil tape to secure the wiring to the inside of the body.

Lets see @donnie533!!🕵️‍♂️
I installed the Polo Creations light kit in my Felony.
No instructions, nothing on their website.
It took much longer than I expected - much time was spent planning / figuring out the best way to mount things.
I ended up figuring it out myself ..... drilling holes to mount lights and epoxy / shoegoo to hold things in place.
I also found the wiring on the light kit was way too long - I ended up cutting and re-soldering all wire harnesses (I hate excess wire as it is hard to secure and looks terrible).
Used foil tape to secure the wiring to the inside of the body.
🤣🤣

I've been procrastinating installing my felony kit because no instructions and it's just a pain in the ass. I'm so torn on polo creations lol. I love the lights, but I hate the price and I hate how slow their processing time is as well as their lack of professionalism. There should be Indepth instructions for every kit imo and they put in zero effort into something so important.

Well at least you guys gotta kit I've been agonizing over a light setup for my Kratorious and might literally have to build light buckets from aluminum sheet and lenses from plexi for front amber running lights. Ugh.

Well at least you guys gotta kit I've been agonizing over a light setup for my Kratorious and might literally have to build light buckets from aluminum sheet and lenses from plexi for front amber running lights. Ugh.

I am into lights on the Infraction and Felony which I did install Polo's. Not so much with the bashers because they take a beating where the on-raod cars do not.

HOWEVER, I find lights on the bashers needing to know the direction I am going/pointing and especially when I am in very loose, cloudy dirt or evening.

My Kraton I did my own. I made it simple to take hits and crashes. I do not like installing lights in the body of a basher so I install them in the body for protection on 4x4 bashers unless it is a basher style light bar. Kraton I did two. Front white led lights cut into the bumper and the buckets came from a user here who uploaded them to Thingiverse but I had to get someone to print them. Rear red came from Polo creations for the Losi DB Pro which I fibrated to fit under the Kraton wing mount. With the fall/winter months and fast sunset these lights, although simple really helps me eyeball where I am going without needing to focus so hard if it is the front or back of the RC especially at a distance just look for the color light. Both ends have held of the bashing, jumping, crashing well!

1640828658226.png

1640828707255.png

Here are the buckets. The user posted them for the Big Rock which I did cut them in for my Big Rock and added Polo amber lights I requested from him...amber looks cool see my rig below...almost went that way on the Kraton, again same buckets I used for the Kraton

Buckets:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4876129

1640829160986.png
1640829173784.png

Last edited:
I am into lights on the Infraction and Felony which I did install Polo's. Not so much with the bashers because they take a beating where the on-raod cars do not.

HOWEVER, I find lights on the bashers needing to know the direction I am going/pointing and especially when I am in very loose, cloudy dirt or evening.

My Kraton I did my own. I made it simple to take hits and crashes. I do not like installing lights in the body of a basher so I install them in the body for protection on 4x4 bashers unless it is a basher style light bar. Kraton I did two. Front white led lights cut into the bumper and the buckets came from a user here who uploaded them to Thingiverse but I had to get someone to print them. Rear red came from Polo creations for the Losi DB Pro which I fibrated to fit under the Kraton wing mount. With the fall/winter months and fast sunset these lights, although simple really helps me eyeball where I am going without needing to focus so hard if it is the front or back of the RC especially at a distance just look for the color light. Both ends have held of the bashing, jumping, crashing well!

View attachment 189125
View attachment 189126
Here are the buckets. The user posted them for the Big Rock which I did cut them in for my Big Rock and added Polo amber lights I requested from him...amber looks cool see my rig below...almost went that way on the Kraton, again same buckets I used for the Kraton

Buckets:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4876129

View attachment 189130View attachment 189131

Thanks man, that looks trick! I agree with your point about lights on a basher, and it's likely why I'm having to pretty much build my own. I tend to over engineer solutions, so that'll be the case here to make the system as durable as possible but I accept I may have to make a repair a long the way as I get more aggressive with the vehicle. In the end I'll have two bodies, one to beat on and one to just play with which will have the lights and stuff.

I thought I had everything ready to rock and roll and started laying out the lights. Heads and tails were good, but when I started mocking up the front running lights the round 3mm bezels just didn't look quite right in the square opening of the Noto body. I've spent HOURS searching for the right light to fit that area and so far I'm striking out. Having some printed from a 3d printer would be awesome but I don't know anybody that has one.

One final option I'm researching is this Traxxas bumper for their 1979 Chevy Blazer. It includes front running lights that "might" be a good size. However, I reached out to Traxxas and the guy said he had no idea of their size so now I have to try to find someone that has one to take a measure for me.

https://traxxas.com/products/parts/9126

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back