Vorteks Polo Creations Light Kit Review(Vorteks Edition)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Vorteks
I made a post some time back saying that I had some lights coming from Polo Creations. Well, after some waiting and healing for 2 weeks from a back injury at work, I finally got around to installing the light kit(mostly). So for this review, I'll break it down so it's easier to read as best as I can.

Polo Creations is Florida based with a team of 7 people. Their products are 3D printed with what looks like PLA. I'm not savvy on 3D Printing but that's what it looks like. I spoke to the owner about doing a review for the forum so we have another option on the market for customizing our trucks, to which he offered to send me everything they have for the Vorteks. Keep in mind, the headlights and taillights were paid for by me. I am not in any way being asked or paid to write this review. I am doing it solely out of my love for the hobby.

In the kit I revieved the following items:
1 x Roof Light/Skid Plate(it's a 2 in 1)
1 x Front Bumper Mounted Headlight
1 x Rear Bumper Mounted Taillight
1 x Led Underglow Light(2 strips wired together)
1 x Bluetooth Module(for underglow control)
1 x Light Control with Remote
2 x Optional Wire Harness/Extensions

20210727_213812.jpg

The roof mounted light and skid plate was pretty simple to install, however it requires some slight modification. For starters, a hole will need to be drilled in the top of the body, just where you see the light housing bubble out in the center. This is for the wiring to come through and obviously keep it clean. This light also requires that you remove the pre-existing roof skids. The stock screws that are used sadly are not long enough, so I used 4 x m3x20 screws with m3 locking nuts to hold them on the inside of the body. I do mostly street bashing and don't flip much so this is not an issue for me. This light also has built in effects for strobing, fading, and other sorts of flashing. It is pretty neat, but not something I'm particularly interested in. The lights are very bright and while they won't light your way in the same way a car would, if you're a night basher like me, these will most certainly come in handy for orientation, even without the aid of street lights.
20210727_213444.jpg

20210727_212633.jpg

20210727_213559.jpg

The taillights were pretty well designed, especially with how aggresive they are cut. They are equally as bright as the roof LED's and I honestly love them. They're my favorite set of lights! As far as installation, they have to bend ever so slightly to fit around the rear bumper mounts(over the top and push down). The plastic has some flex to it, just enough to fit over the mounting point and sit nice and snug.

Get ready for a poop load of wires though! You'll see in my open chassis photo that a lot branches off from them and then slowly gets smaller. My solution was to feed the wires through the middle of the shock absorber on the rear bumper, come up over the shock tower and wrap the wires around the under side of the body posts. I secured them with zip ties which helped keep the chassis clean.

20210727_213819.jpg

20210727_213801.jpg

20210727_213529.jpg

20210727_213503.jpg

20210727_212645.jpg

20210727_212659.jpg

For the underglow and front lights, I cannot comment too much on. I was having issues getting the bluetooth module to work and they wouldn't come on. I have it wired correctly but I'll have to do some more tinkering to figure this out. As for the headlights, they will not work with my setup. As you can see, I am using the TBone Racing bumper and these lights were originally designed for a stock Vorteks. It would have been nice if the headlights were wired together but two separate pieces or possibly having a slightly wider mount to accommodate potential modifications. I will be coming back to this soon to see what I can do to get them mounted as they are. I will say that they are just as good as the other two lights.

Now the wiring part! The most boring but critical part of this whole kit. Before I start rambling, do not plug this thing in to Aux 3. This is controlled by the A/B buttons in the side of the remote where your thumb would rest. I have to hit this in order to turn the lights on and some times it doesn't respond or changes the roof lights to some sort of seizure inducing rave mode. I will update this when I play with the wiring and get everything 100%.

Wiring goes as follows:
Main adapter wire goes into any AUX port(not #3).

Bluetooth module and Remote Module go into the end of the main wite.

Under glow lights go into BT module. I used electrical tape to secure the connection from the elements and potential disconnection from bashing. This will be the same for all connection points.

Roof light and Taillight plug into the RF Remote adapter. Secure connections with electrical tape.

Bulk of wires from roof light are taped to roof with electrical tape. Leave enough slack for pulling off the body but not so much as too droop down and potentially get sucked in by the center drive shaft.

Taillight wires are wrapped and zip tied around lower rear body posts.

Underglow lights are taped on the sides of the chassis, above the side guards. Wires are brought in between the front chassis guards and taped to my center chassis brace.

The bulk of the wires, specifically the BT and RF Controller module had their connections taped off and then zip tied together with 2 zip ties which are included in the kit. I have them tucked in between my ESC and Motor and it sits perfectly. See images below for my final wiring set up. Very clean for the little room we have in there.
20210727_213742.jpg

20210727_213754.jpg

Final thoughts...

Overall, I'd say that I am very pleased with what I received. The build quality is very well done and designed, even given a few minor draw backs with the roof light and headlight mounting. Their attention to detail was still very good, they even have holes drilled for the taillights to access the bumper screws! That made me smile.

Do keep in mind, they are a team of 7. Their website clearly states that products ship within 10 days. I am not sure if this is because they have a backlog of orders or if these kits are made to order. Regardless, there is a small wait, just like with anything else. That part was a bummer, but not something I could knock them for.

The only constructive criticizm I have is mostly with the roof lights. It would be awesome if they could some how integrate the lower part of the roof skids for added support and also alter the housing to flow with the body lines. It is a very flat piece but the light bar presses on the roof which made me a little nervous at first. Also, the sides of the housing that double as skids don't quite flow within the indentations of the roof to sit flush with the body. I still got it to work but it's something I feel could be improved upon. Lastly, the screw holes. They need to sink into the skids a bit more. Find a way to utilize the stock screws. They are m4x16 I believe but they have a hex on the under side too. So if they get stripped or ground up top, they can be removed by unscrewing from the inside of the body. This would allow us to keep that functionality and not having dead skids on our roof without the possibility of installing new ones.

Thanks to Polo Creations for sending me the extra stuff and sorry I couldn't review it all just yet. But the big selling points were covered at least and I really enjoyed this light set up. If I had the chance to buy it again, I definitely would. Totally give my thumbs up on this one and can't wait to see what else they have for my Arrma Arrmy!

Love,
Enferius

Looks good...I like their products....another winner!!! (y)

They look great. I would get them for my Vorteks, but Polo Creations completely ripped me off when I purchased lights for my Kraton 6s and Granite 4x4 BLX. It took weeks for them to reply to Whatsapp messages, and then they lied about shipping missing parts, and they now ignore my messages.

Lights look great!.

What shocks are you running in the back?

I read more than a few reviews that after people installed the headlight taillight kit they can’t get the lights to turn on. Also, will the lights come on automatically when you turn your car or do have to use the remote each time

I made a post some time back saying that I had some lights coming from Polo Creations. Well, after some waiting and healing for 2 weeks from a back injury at work, I finally got around to installing the light kit(mostly). So for this review, I'll break it down so it's easier to read as best as I can.

Polo Creations is Florida based with a team of 7 people. Their products are 3D printed with what looks like PLA. I'm not savvy on 3D Printing but that's what it looks like. I spoke to the owner about doing a review for the forum so we have another option on the market for customizing our trucks, to which he offered to send me everything they have for the Vorteks. Keep in mind, the headlights and taillights were paid for by me. I am not in any way being asked or paid to write this review. I am doing it solely out of my love for the hobby.

View attachment 160677

The roof mounted light and skid plate was pretty simple to install, however it requires some slight modification. For starters, a hole will need to be drilled in the top of the body, just where you see the light housing bubble out in the center. This is for the wiring to come through and obviously keep it clean. This light also requires that you remove the pre-existing roof skids. The stock screws that are used sadly are not long enough, so I used 4 x m3x20 screws with m3 locking nuts to hold them on the inside of the body. I do mostly street bashing and don't flip much so this is not an issue for me. This light also has built in effects for strobing, fading, and other sorts of flashing. It is pretty neat, but not something I'm particularly interested in. The lights are very bright and while they won't light your way in the same way a car would, if you're a night basher like me, these will most certainly come in handy for orientation, even without the aid of street lights.
View attachment 160678
View attachment 160679
View attachment 160684

The taillights were pretty well designed, especially with how aggresive they are cut. They are equally as bright as the roof LED's and I honestly love them. They're my favorite set of lights! As far as installation, they have to bend ever so slightly to fit around the rear bumper mounts(over the top and push down). The plastic has some flex to it, just enough to fit over the mounting point and sit nice and snug.

Get ready for a poop load of wires though! You'll see in my open chassis photo that a lot branches off from them and then slowly gets smaller. My solution was to feed the wires through the middle of the shock absorber on the rear bumper, come up over the shock tower and wrap the wires around the under side of the body posts. I secured them with zip ties which helped keep the chassis clean.

View attachment 160688
View attachment 160687
View attachment 160683
View attachment 160682
View attachment 160681
View attachment 160680

For the underglow and front lights, I cannot comment too much on. I was having issues getting the bluetooth module to work and they wouldn't come on. I have it wired correctly but I'll have to do some more tinkering to figure this out. As for the headlights, they will not work with my setup. As you can see, I am using the TBone Racing bumper and these lights were originally designed for a stock Vorteks. It would have been nice if the headlights were wired together but two separate pieces or possibly having a slightly wider mount to accommodate potential modifications. I will be coming back to this soon to see what I can do to get them mounted as they are. I will say that they are just as good as the other two lights.

Now the wiring part! The most boring but critical part of this whole kit. Before I start rambling, do not plug this thing in to Aux 3. This is controlled by the A/B buttons in the side of the remote where your thumb would rest. I have to hit this in order to turn the lights on and some times it doesn't respond or changes the roof lights to some sort of seizure inducing rave mode. I will update this when I play with the wiring and get everything 100%.

Wiring goes as follows:

Under glow lights go into BT module. I used electrical tape to secure the connection from the elements and potential disconnection from bashing. This will be the same for all connection points.

Roof light and Taillight plug into the RF Remote adapter. Secure connections with electrical tape.

Bulk of wires from roof light are taped to roof with electrical tape. Leave enough slack for pulling off the body but not so much as too droop down and potentially get sucked in by the center drive shaft.

Underglow lights are taped on the sides of the chassis, above the side guards. Wires are brought in between the front chassis guards and taped to my center chassis brace.

The bulk of the wires, specifically the BT and RF Controller module had their connections taped off and then zip tied together with 2 zip ties which are included in the kit. I have them tucked in between my ESC and Motor and it sits perfectly. See images below for my final wiring set up. Very clean for the little room we have in there.
View attachment 160685
View attachment 160686

Final thoughts...

Overall, I'd say that I am very pleased with what I received. The build quality is very well done and designed, even given a few minor draw backs with the roof light and headlight mounting. Their attention to detail was still very good, they even have holes drilled for the taillights to access the bumper screws! That made me smile.

Do keep in mind, they are a team of 7. Their website clearly states that products ship within 10 days. I am not sure if this is because they have a backlog of orders or if these kits are made to order. Regardless, there is a small wait, just like with anything else. That part was a bummer, but not something I could knock them for.

The only constructive criticizm I have is mostly with the roof lights. It would be awesome if they could some how integrate the lower part of the roof skids for added support and also alter the housing to flow with the body lines. It is a very flat piece but the light bar presses on the roof which made me a little nervous at first. Also, the sides of the housing that double as skids don't quite flow within the indentations of the roof to sit flush with the body. I still got it to work but it's something I feel could be improved upon. Lastly, the screw holes. They need to sink into the skids a bit more. Find a way to utilize the stock screws. They are m4x16 I believe but they have a hex on the under side too. So if they get stripped or ground up top, they can be removed by unscrewing from the inside of the body. This would allow us to keep that functionality and not having dead skids on our roof without the possibility of installing new ones.

Thanks to Polo Creations for sending me the extra stuff and sorry I couldn't review it all just yet. But the big selling points were covered at least and I really enjoyed this light set up. If I had the chance to buy it again, I definitely would. Totally give my thumbs up on this one and can't wait to see what else they have for my Arrma Arrmy!

Love,
Enferius
It looks good bro I have the same set up not roof top tho..did u put any type of tape to hold the front light on the bracket ..they told me to use like liquid tape..

B5BC37DC-AA7E-489A-B453-EA7570E44228.jpeg

490BCB03-A3EA-4F67-BA33-55F45C2FB225.jpeg

333DEC3B-5FCD-4E6E-A497-549E205EE388.jpeg

528F3E6C-8457-4AE4-8BA5-1E77523121D3.jpeg

499D76BB-A2C3-46C0-9476-2EB4BCA345DC.png

View attachment 160677

View attachment 160678
View attachment 160679
View attachment 160684

View attachment 160688
View attachment 160687
View attachment 160683
View attachment 160682
View attachment 160681
View attachment 160680

Wiring goes as follows:

View attachment 160685
View attachment 160686

Final thoughts...

Love,
Enferius
What kind shocks did u put on it cuz I have some big bore shocks from eBay and there okay but I like those u have..lol

Their website has 2 headlight and taillight sets. Once is 24.99 and the other is 9.99 and says with remote. Do you know what the difference is between these two kits ?

View attachment 160677

View attachment 160678
View attachment 160679
View attachment 160684

View attachment 160688
View attachment 160687
View attachment 160683
View attachment 160682
View attachment 160681
View attachment 160680

Wiring goes as follows:

View attachment 160685
View attachment 160686

Final thoughts...

Love,
Enferius
I just installed. The rear body doesn’t sit down all the way now. The bumper from polo creations is in the way. I have to push body down harder to get clips in. Also I couldn’t get the remote to work. I downloaded the app and headlights came on and I could control them but not both. The taillights wouldn’t come on at all. I like the set they are bright and look great. Biggest con is when I ordered the kit they only sent me the plastics. No led lights or controller. I messaged and they sssid they would send the rest but only sent the lights no controller. I messaged again and then they sent the controller. Very frustrating bc it’s a gift. The orange plug that the front and rear plug into-the wires popped off so easily. Needs stronger sadder or something. I’d like to use the Bluetooth controller but I need them to send me another or tell me how to fix it

Poor quality prints, cheap wiring, horrible service. I’m surprised to hear it’s 7 guys because it seems like it’s run by one guy out of his garage. I will never send them another dollar.

After my last experience with Polo Creations, I vowed not to buy from them again. However, I really wanted the Vortex lights and so I thought I'd give them another chance. Made a purchase on the 28th July, not heard a whisper from them. They don't respond to SMS, Whatsapp or emails.

They should be barred from selling, a disgusting, ignorant bunch of ******

After my last experience with Polo Creations, I vowed not to buy from them again. However, I really wanted the Vortex lights and so I thought I'd give them another chance. Made a purchase on the 28th July, not heard a whisper from them. They don't respond to SMS, Whatsapp or emails.

They should be barred from selling, a disgusting, ignorant bunch of ******
When I texted them I got an answer1-863-703-6430

When I texted them I got an answer1-863-703-6430
Lucky you!

They have never replied to me via that number, nor my emails.

I don't know why I got suckered in again. 🤦‍♂️

They shafted me out of money last time, but being in the UK makes it more tricky to persue.

Items still haven't arrived, tracking has stayed at "Waiting to receive items" for 10 days. Polocreations not replying to any of my messages.

I'm going to spam every single one of their YouTube videos to warn other people to stay clear of them.

The lights just turned up out of the blue.. 20 emails to Polocreations and not one reply.

The problem I have now, I can't control the lights on my DX3/SR6200A

I've plugged the controller in to AUX 1, then plugged the front and rear lights in to that, but the A & B button on the DX3 do nothing.. The lights work if I plug them directly in to an AUX port, so I'm not sure what is going on?

I've figured it out.. however, it's because the wires are the wrong way around on the some lights. The white ones are correct, red ones are incorrect. The light bar is incorrect, and so are the shock lights.

Instructions are great if the wires are in their correct places. 🤦‍♂️

Gawd, I hate wiring RC car lights lol
My OCD kicks in, so I have to make sure I cable-tidy with zip ties, and make a kind of wiring loom. :LOL:

Looks good though. I have the front and rear lights, plus green shock lights. I do have the roof light bar, but I decided not to add that, as I'm not keen on wires going to the body shell.

It's there if I do decide to add it in the future.

Definitely the last time I order lights from them though... until the next time. :eek:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back