Outcast Poor Range on Futaba System

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sykobabble

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I just got my outcast back together with some amazing items. The reason for part of the rebuild is the car took off on me. At the time i thought it was low batteries in my Futaba controller but now that i have this thing back together, im only getting about 100ft range. Im on a brand new MAX6 ESC and this is its second time out. Has this receiver went bad already?

What receiver are you using? Also what controller? I use a 7PXR and the only receiver I've had a problem with was the R334SBS-E which comes with the 7PXR when you buy it. For some reason it use to loose signal even at short distance. I added a cap pack to the receiver and the issue went away. All the other Futaba receivers I've used have been great...I even use the plain R334 which is more for gas/nitro powered cars and that worked (I heard somewhere that the plain R334 gets better range than the E version). Try adding a receiver cap pack to help smooth out those sudden bursts of current to the receiver. They're real cheap too. Futaba sells one for less than 10 bucks.
Link: https://futabausa.com/product/ubr0002/
Another thing you can try is turning up the BEC some on the ESC. When I was losing signal I had the BEC set to 7 (MMX8S). When I turned it up to 8 (highest setting is 8.4) things got better as well. I can't explain why or if the two are related but it helped some.

Im using a futaba R203GF. I've never had problems before and i did have to replace one before. I'll have to do more troubleshooting like resetting the esc and pairing the remote and receiver but not sure whats fully going on yet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back