Kraton Popping sound coming from Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slogrits

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Broke the pinion and replaced it. Got a good mesh but, now it has a popping sound. Any ideas? No grinding just popping.

I will take apart the diffs this weekend and have a look at the input gears.

I hope it’s not the main input gear since they are not in stock anywhere. Have a diff gear set coming Saturday.

Front and center diffs are good changed center to 200k, just to see the difference. Will check the rear diff Saturday or Sunday.

Still popping. Back to the workbench tomorrow. I tear down the rear.

Found the problem. Diffs are fine.

Attachments

• 0D36C5FE-AFBA-48A3-8167-39870A06A7FA.jpeg
    0D36C5FE-AFBA-48A3-8167-39870A06A7FA.jpeg
    374.5 KB · Views: 60
  • B30016E9-8E73-4CD7-8F79-2ABE27CA234C.jpeg
    B30016E9-8E73-4CD7-8F79-2ABE27CA234C.jpeg
    474.3 KB · Views: 53
Found the problem. Diffs are fine.

That would definitely do it. Better make sure the input gear is fine. Damage like that can leave debris in the diff that could eat away at the input gear as well.

that'll do it. you should add another bearing shim to the gear side when you put it back together. it closes the mesh on those gears a tad. supposed to help keep that from happening again.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0034ZBO5S?tag=arrma-20&creativeASIN=B0034ZBO5S

or

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F8OQ2NC?tag=arrma-20&creativeASIN=B00F8OQ2NC
Thanks I will check it again. I have the Tekno shims and couldn’t add another it was too tight. I checked this when I shimed the diffs.

That would definitely do it. Better make sure the input gear is fine. Damage like that can leave debris in the diff that could eat away at the input gear as well.
Input gear is fine. I will regrease it I remove any metal fragments. I have tow replacements on the way.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back