Notorious Portable outdoor lighting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cumminz

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So me and the family are out taking a little vacation in the middle of the desert. Incredibly peaceful. Nobody around. No city lights only moonlight. Something I'm not used to as we live in the middle of the city. Anyway, it's waaaaay too hot during the day and we only have about 3 hours before the sun goes down to run the rc's around. Has anyone used any type of portable lighting that is bright? Thinking something along the lines of the portable ones they use for road construction, just smaller obviously

I’d go with the Milwaukee suggestion or similar. If you will have power, you could get cheaper LED lights that run off AC. Just look for construction lighting at hardware stores or supply houses.

You could rent the same lighting systems they use for road construction. United Rentals has them. Might be expensive.

I do also see they have smaller light towers like the ones you use inside buildings in their catalog. Could go that direction too.

Was thinking something a little more powerful than these options. I may just grab one and see how much light they give out.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-...r-Tool-Only-DCL070/207164986#customer_reviews

May pick this up and see how she does

Last edited:
Was thinking something a little more powerful than these options. I may just grab one and see how much light they give out.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-...e off. Get 3or4 and you can race around um???
The new leds are amazing. You’ll be surprised how much light they give off. Get 3or 4 and you can race around um???

I have solar LED flood lights in my yard that are pretty good. They also double as security light, motion sensors built in. Small, waterproof and last about 4hrs. $40 on Amazon for a 4-pack

Car headlights, just be sure you have a good battery and start your car every hour or so to charge it back up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back