Portable Toolbox?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I prefer having my tools and spares in a backpack. I generally have to walk away from my car a bit to get to my bash spots and I prefer not having to carry a toolbox. If I carry something, I prefer it to be a rake or shovel to tune the jumps. :)

The tools and spares I bring with me:
1.5, 2.0 and 2.5 hex drivers, needle-nose pliers, the wheel hex wrench we get with the Arrma 6S trucks, temp gun, spare wheel nuts, spare shocks.

Last edited:
These husky rolling tool bags can be a back saver.

1614026049851.png

I use a folding bag for my tools/small parts. It just fits in my HPI Hauler truck bag and holds all my hand tools along with some small parts:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0721Q7PGM/

The left is the top of it, the right is the bottom after lifting the middle flap:
2019-0816-ToolBag.jpg

It's underneath my transmitter:
2019-0203-NewHPIBag-ERBE-Stampede.jpg

When I'm at home, it just sits on the edge of my workbench in case I need something out of it. I have most tools at home that are larger or electric, but I'll still pull out the hand wrenches when breaking something loose or tightening something that needs a bit of finesse. So I keep the bag at arms length.

For my bike tools I carry in my car when I go for a ride, I recently purchased a Lab Austere Trunk Tool Roll. It's a pretty nice foldable tool organizer and much more compact than the big and needlessly heavy tool box I used to carry around in my car when I went for a ride.

It is marketed for sports (biking and XC skiing), but I can see it work very well for RC car tools as well.

Lab Austere is a small company based in Utah and the guy behind it is a very cool dude.

https://labaustere.com/collections/frontpage/products/trunk-roll-up-tool-kit

P1010436_1_1296x.JPG

I have an Ogio backpack I use for taking some tools and spare parts because I'm usually walking a little ways to a bash spot and carrying a shovel and my car. I have a plastic organizer inside for some different spare parts, screws, wheel nuts and such. It has room for tools, controller, spare wheel and whatever else I may need. I have several tool bags stuffed with parts and tools for different hobbies. I have a general tool bag, a biking tool bag, RC car tool bag, and one for things that go bang. Checkout your local home repair store, home depot, lowes, ace hardware for some different options, or academy and cabela's for some tackle box options.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back