Infraction Poseidon PRO P1527-PV22 1500kv Motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uplift-RC

TB RC Bashers
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Typhon 3s
Thinking about stuffing one of these Poseidon Pro P1527-PV22 1500kv motor in my v2 infraction.
Will be running a Mamba monster X 6s ESC. What are your thoughts and what kind of speed am I looking at #ARRMAFAMILY?

Specifications:
Poseidon P1515 C22 2200kv
Bullet 6.5mm 4-Poles Kv
Value - 2200kv
Motor diameter- 40mm 1.58 in
Motor length- 75mm 2.96in
Shaft diameter- 5mm .2 in
Max RPM- 60k Rated power/Continues Power (w)- 1200 Efficiency up to (%)- 93 volts (v)- 28v/7s Peak Watts(w)- 2500
1610458757006.png

@Jon NC RC , you need that in your MOJO 🤷‍♂️ :ROFLMAO:
I'd rather have the hobby wing max six......
Actually, truth be known, the stock electrics in the Mojave are fine for what it is. If I want changes, I would go for the Mojave exb, start fresh and go from there......

But it is fun to tinker and do transplants.....

Why not the MMX8S? It will run the motor way cooler and also has the ability to run sensored motors and 8S as well. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤘🏻
I am not into speed runs I am into Oval track racing, so looking for an all-around better motor and ESC that's why I mentioned the Mamba Monster X.
Will a Mamba Monster X run a Castle Creations 4 Pole Sensored Brushless Motor, 1717-1650KV?

I am not into speed runs I am into Oval track racing, so looking for an all-around better motor and ESC that's why I mentioned the Mamba Monster X.
Will a Mamba Monster X run a Castle Creations 4 Pole Sensored Brushless Motor, 1717-1650KV?
As far as overall speed is concerned, that would depend on your gears. There are many variables to how fast the vehicle will go. As far as the variable of the speed control, John Dilly's recommendation of a bigger speed control may give you a little more headroom, and help eliminate one of the biggest enemies of radio control......heat. I guess you just will not know how fast it will get one till you put it all together and find out..... And if the motor becomes warmer than it should, go up a level with a bigger speed control. Just a thought

Yes I run the 1717-1650kv with my MMX8S in sensored mode in my K6S. The MMX8S has special cooling technology that keeps your motor cooler than other ESCs. The XLX2 also has this technology, but it has other issues at the moment.

Yes I run the 1717-1650kv with my MMX8S in sensored mode in my K6S. The MMX8S has special cooling technology that keeps your motor cooler than other ESCs. The XLX2 also has this technology, but it has other issues at the moment.
I have heard about this issues, and I would like to avoid them if at all possible for myself

The Mamba X is arguably a glorified 1/10 scale ESC that will not give you what you are looking for. I tried one in my Typhon and had it shut down on me numerous times. I was never able to do a single speed run without it shutting down. And when that happens, you cannot slow the vehicle. The infraction, if anything like my limitless, is a big vehicle. You'd be better served and have more fun with a more capable ESC.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back