Senton Possible Broken Lower Arm Solution?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjstretch

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
there are two particular parts on this car that I've noticed break down quite quickly and quite easily, especially in the cold weather. Ive gone through two of the composite differential caps (the metal to composite area became detached) along with 3 lower arms. the pivot ball broke the arm in the center and split/cracked the arm. In one of the photos you'll see the crack in the arm attached to the senton. Considering the arms were already broken I thought I'd try something to stiffen it up. I took a dremel tool and shaved the arm area around where the pivot ball screws into back about a 1/4 inch to slide a #4 steel clamp onto it.
IMG_3849.JPG
IMG_3848.JPG It's small enough to keep away from all the moving parts. I've driven the car on multiple surfaces and multiple runs and haven't had a problem yet.
IMG_3847.JPG
Hopefully this helps someone out there who may be buying numerous amounts of lower arms. worth a shot.

there are two particular parts on this car that I've noticed break down quite quickly and quite easily, especially in the cold weather. Ive gone through two of the composite differential caps (the metal to composite area became detached) along with 3 lower arms. the pivot ball broke the arm in the center and split/cracked the arm. In one of the photos you'll see the crack in the arm attached to the senton. Considering the arms were already broken I thought I'd try something to stiffen it up. I took a dremel tool and shaved the arm area around where the pivot ball screws into back about a 1/4 inch to slide a #4 steel clamp onto it.View attachment 9129 View attachment 9128 It's small enough to keep away from all the moving parts. I've driven the car on multiple surfaces and multiple runs and haven't had a problem yet. View attachment 9127 Hopefully this helps someone out there who may be buying numerous amounts of lower arms. worth a shot.
Sometimes a bashers gotta do what a bashers gotta do to keep bashing!! Make some mud/skid plate guards to help ease the pain on the lower arms..you will get things breaking in cold weather though

Attachments

• IMAG0585.jpg
    IMAG0585.jpg
    320.4 KB · Views: 47
Use kydex it's good stuff,heat it up and it bends only cheap as well
That stuff would be nice to use on the Senton, unfortunately the arms that it comes with only have one potential screw hole making it difficult to attach a guard of some type. I'd have to look into it.

This is a great idea, thanks for sharing! I'm going to do this.
I've gone on a few dozen runs now with flips/rolls/ and jumps in between and the clamp holds quite well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back