Possible solution for sliding batteries (cat đź‘… tongue)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeppyjep

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Outcast 8s
  5. Typhon 6s
Found this tape at lowes going try it out in my rigs , see if will stop batteries from sliding . Feels really good like it would . I didn’t want to get the anti skid tape because it seems to abrasive and might mess up the batteries

19FAB7FC-141A-4C9E-AB3F-6C38D095CEB0.jpeg

F872448E-95AF-423E-85F8-4CC1D4EF175D.jpeg

Should work.
I use 1/8" Foam adhesive sheets. AMZ. Cut to size, and line my Lipo trays. Sometimes doubled up, depending on the rig, at the front of the tray to protect from forward impacts. Works for me.
When lipo's slide around they get damaged and even ejected easily. Been there.

Sorry, I know I'm late to this. But I'm looking into ways to secure my batteries, and this seemed worth mentioning.

For helicopters, it's common to put a strip of Velcro on the battery, and where it sits on the frame. I put the fuzzy side on the battery, so it's not trying to stick to clothes, etc.

Then you use straps to hold the battery down. But the Velcro typically does a very good job of preventing sliding. While the strap keeps the battery secure. The battery still "peels" off the Velcro easily enough, with the straps removed.

That might be an alternative to using rubbery pads under the battery? Or even in addition to rubber, perhaps.

Sourcing better velcro straps could help. The Quad guys usually have the better ones.
I have had lipos eject due to OE velcro straps literally tearing apart, ripping , like paper.

Sourcing better velcro straps could help. The Quad guys usually have the better ones.
I have had lipos eject due to OE velcro straps literally tearing apart, ripping , like paper.
Redcat comes to mind for me.. some of the amazon(Goldbat) also come with straps that I wont use for holding batteries in place. Good for charger cable management though.
Ive installed servo tape to battery trays in the past, just leave the paper attached on the top side. Works. Best bet is having good straps applied as tightly as possible. Battery ejection can ruin a good bash session right quickly!!
There's also that rubber/foam mesh material that's sold in many department stores for lining kitchen cabinets and whatnot that I've used before as well. It's plenty cheap to buy and replace as needed.

I found that with the OE velcro straps, if you really pull them taught and very tight, They can actually rip and tear more easily. Works against you. I think just a snug enough tension on them does the trick. Too tight and a moderate shock to the chassis makes the Stocker velcro tear so easily. They are very cheap stuff.
Ejected a few lipos this way already.
I been looking for better quality straps that are long enough for larger lipos/trays. I've seen rubberized ones. But most are too short. The Quad guys use them, but for Smaller capacity/sized packs.

Last edited:
I found that with the OE velcro straps, if you really pull them taught and very tight, They can actually rip and tear more easily. Works against you. I think just a snug tension on them does the trick. Too tight and a moderate shock to the chassis makes the Stocker velcro tear so easily. They are very cheap stuff.
Ejected a few lipos this way already.
I been looking for better quality straps that are long enough for larger lipos/trays. I've seen rubberized ones. But most are too short. The Quad guys use them, but for Smaller capacity/sized packs.
Good point. I can see that happening, no stretch left if pulled too tightly..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back