Possible to run hardcase lipos.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slick2500

Anything will break if you drive it wrong enough.
Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 3s
Has anyone run hardcase lipos with removable leads in their 1/8 Arrma vehicles? I have a number of these and was wanting to give them a shot.

I have 2 pair of 2s hardcase with removable leads that I run in my Typhon and Kraton. The V1 battery tray has notches in the front of the tray that accommodates the wires. I stand them up on the skinny side. Bottom terminals are jumpered, top terminals are wired to ESC. Does that make sense?

No.

This is the only way they will fit, my worry is that I might break the leads off the battery running it like this.

15112350678741003866234.jpg

I have a pair of graphiene 4600 2s 90c shorty packs with i have run in my outcast no worries .:cool:
Also have a pair of Vant 5000mah 100c shorty packs that fit well in there also :cool:

No.

This is the only way they will fit, my worry is that I might break the leads off the battery running it like this.

I run my gensacearespammers hard packs and my nxe power hard packs like that ( leads don't remove tho) and i have never had a issue bashing them in my outcast
If that helps at all

Put them back to back, and rotate both 90deg so they are sitting on the short edge. This pic is upside down from how I normally run them - I put the jumper side down.

20170427_085804.jpg

One more thought - if the way you have them stacked is really the only way they will fit - cut a piece of foam (pool noodle?) the same size as the 2s pack, and 3/4" thick. Put it in the other end of the battery tray as a shock absorber / spacer.

Yes the way I have them is the only way they fit, I tried to put them side by side but they are too wide for the Outcast tray.
Sticking some foam behind the bottom battery was my first thought.

No.

View attachment 13560
If you use Velcro tape to secure the two lipos together they won't slide and snap off the leads. I Velcro all of mine together first then strap them in the box. I put a layer of Velcro in the bottom of the box too. Then use the two straps. It works great, in fact the lipos can be difficult to get back out of the box.

If you use Velcro tape to secure the two lipos together they won't slide and snap off the leads. I Velcro all of mine together first then strap them in the box. I put a layer of Velcro in the bottom of the box too. Then use the two straps. It works great, in fact the lipos can be difficult to get back out of the box.
I never even though of using Velcro.

Just an update I am running the packs like I have in the picture, I have a piece of foam behind the bottom battery, both batteries are Velcro-ed together and so far no issues. Thanks guys for all the suggestions. ;)

Just an update I am running the packs like I have in the picture, I have a piece of foam behind the bottom battery, both batteries are Velcro-ed together and so far no issues. Thanks guys for all the suggestions. ;)
You are most welcome my friend :)

This was after the last run. I think they can be saved.
xHNGwc1l.jpg

That is the only way I ever charge my batteries. I've never even used the fast charge option before lol.

So it appears this method didn't work as well as I thought. I need to find something else to keep the top battery from moving. The adhesive from the Velcro got hot enough that the Velcro slid forward on the bottom battery, the Velcro used to be about where the O starts. The battery still works just fine.
G8Zvqvel.jpg

I have a Nano-tech battery that looks like that. I taped up the end of the case. I don't know if the tape is really doing anything, other than making me feel better, though... LOL Been running it with the case cracked for about a year. I try to be careful when I unplug it, as I don't want to tug on the battery tab too much.

Try thin Velcro straps with a plastic sinche buckle.
Cut a very thing slot for the Velcro strap to fully wrap around the battery connecting to the chassis or at least under the battery trays. Then set it so the strap wraps around the batteries and the buckle part isn't resting on the corner of the battery case.

Just one option that takes little effort to secure things nicely. Just make sure the fuzzy parts are clean of dirt before securing the Velcro so it sticks better

Awesome!! Glad it worked out!!

So it appears this method didn't work as well as I thought. I need to find something else to keep the top battery from moving. The adhesive from the Velcro got hot enough that the Velcro slid forward on the bottom battery, the Velcro used to be about where the O starts. The battery still works just fine.
View attachment 14069
Damn that sucks. I use Velcro brand that comes on a 15 foot roll. Then I clean the lipo with alcohol then layer the whole top of the lipo with velcro, not just a center strip. I literally have to pry the two lipos apart and the glue has not loosened from heat, even in the summer it holds. Good Luck!!!

Awesome!! Glad it worked out!!

Damn that sucks. I use Velcro brand that comes on a 15 foot roll. Then I clean the lipo with alcohol then layer the whole top of the lipo with velcro, not just a center strip. I literally have to pry the two lipos apart and the glue has not loosened from heat, even in the summer it holds. Good Luck!!!
You know I'll give that a shot.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back