Outcast Possibly a bad batch of plastic on my Outcast?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-Dusty-

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
I been having some issues with my Outcast and I feel like the plastics are terrible. I had issues with the Shock rod end snapping, the wheelie bar breaking in a weird place, front diff case threads spooled out with the screw and now today a A-arm broke at the pin off a 5ft jump. The plastic just looks dried out and brittle. Is it possible I could have had a bad batch or maybe it was in a warehouse where it was too dry or something. I haven't had any of these issues with my kraton and it feels that my kraton has better plastic

Will probably tear it down and soak some parts in WD40 overnight. See if that helps

Last edited:
I've got 3 ARRMAS, 1st my Talion=Idestructible... 2nd My Outcast (which I turned into a Kraton) ripped a pillowball clean out of the upper arm while uprighting in the grass and had a rear arm crack in a weird spot also...3rd My Notorious...IT WILL NOT BREAK!!!!!! So yes I do believe there are bad batches of plastic out there.....I upgraded the Outcast ( that one only )to RPM arms all the way around and it's been bulletproof since......And I mean to tell you I BEAT THE HELL OUT OF MY RIGS!!!!!

So far I have been lucky where I have extra parts around so Im usually able to get up and running in a few minutes. I bought a couple sets of A-arms from JRC last month and you can tell that these are good plastic. It has flex where my outcast a-arm was stiff.

Nothing I can really do except try the WD 40 and hope for the best. For the A-arms I can swap them out with the extra ones I have, might get RPM if these don't work out. Shock ends I can swap as well. Diff cases were my worry but Im going to try the HR diff cases I ordered last week. All in all the only parts I think I have to worry about are the wheel hubs and the rod ends for the toe links and steering links. At the moment they seem to be fine

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back