Typhon Post your Typhon pics here.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The grill really makes it pop, looks good with all the stickers on it! :love:
Thanks! I was trying to beat the rain and was rushing so I forgot to lower the rear for a better picture. hahaha
Now it's raining!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Stance is spot on ah'd say!
Thank you!
The way I see it is,
If it was someone else's rig I would be like "eh it's ok"
But it's like weed...I grew it and all of a sudden it's the best stuff ever!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Got the new Derecho out for it's 1st proper off road bash today after work 😃 All I can say is- wow!!!! So planted & those knockoff mojave tires are killer for the terrain @ my local spot!! Just glides everywhere, even over the grass. In love with my new buggy!🥰

20221024_133411.jpg

20221024_133704.jpg

20221024_133734.jpg

20221024_133437.jpg

20221024_133433.jpg

20221024_133554.jpg

Finished getting my Typhon set up as a street truck and I think I'm in love! 🤣 I know why I see so many on this board have 2+ of the same rig.👍 Its going to be so hard to resist getting another Typhon.

Question: Running 25/42 gearing currently on a 1650kv Hobbystar 4082 motor with 1/8 buggy tires about 4.5 inches tall. How many teeth will I need to go up on the 42/100 GRP's? I have pinions up to 30t right now so I can go up as many as 5, will order 31t and bigger if necessary.

Also, is there any benefit for performance if I get the Limitless towers and shocks or is that more of a cosmetic thing? Not focusing on speed runs, just general street bashing. Just curious if it would have a different feel with Limitless towers/shocks.
Cant wait to bash with this tomorrow!😎

20221028_091041.jpg

20221028_091115.jpg

20221028_091220.jpg

Love it!! Really like the paint dude, well done 🥰 When I put the limitless towers/shocks on my street basher typhon I thought it really helped keeping the power down to the ground by eliminating a lot of the body roll thru the corners. Maybe just me but being able to pin it coming out of a corner was just awesome- thought it looked like a little f1 car zipping by 😃😍
Finished getting my Typhon set up as a street truck and I think I'm in love! 🤣 I know why I see so many on this board have 2+ of the same rig.👍 Its going to be so hard to resist getting another Typhon.

Question: Running 25/42 gearing currently on a 1650kv Hobbystar 4082 motor with 1/8 buggy tires about 4.5 inches tall. How many teeth will I need to go up on the 42/100 GRP's? I have pinions up to 30t right now so I can go up as many as 5, will order 31t and bigger if necessary.

Also, is there any benefit for performance if I get the Limitless towers and shocks or is that more of a cosmetic thing? Not focusing on speed runs, just general street bashing. Just curious if it would have a different feel with Limitless towers/shocks.

View attachment 252800

View attachment 252804

View attachment 252805

Finished up building yet another typhon, but this one's going to my best friend. It'll be his 1st ever hobby grade rc! 😃🤘I can't wait to give him this- the Budweiser Buggy 🤣

View attachment 253568

View attachment 253569

View attachment 253570

View attachment 253571
Gotta get some vids if that thing in action!!

Next you can make a Bud Light one and a Miller Lite one and then they can battle!! 🤣 🤣

Can't make a Coors Light one....too much water in that sh!t, it'll mess up the electronics!! 😂🤣🍻✌️

View attachment 252800

View attachment 252804

View attachment 252805
Nice build! you would need to go up to a 29t pinion to have the same speed as with the buggy tires. That will literally be like the same speed.

Nice build! you would need to go up to a 29t pinion to have the same speed as with the buggy tires. That will literally be like the same speed.

Thanks! Ran it with the stock Katars Saturday & found out I need a better parking lot. Too many light poles and curbs in the one I was at, lol.

Busted the suspension arm mount on a curb.😖 Didn't hit it super hard but it was a cheap ebay aluminum piece. Hot Racing replacement is on the way.

Will get the 29t put on this week. Already found a much better parking lot without all the light poles and curbs! 🤣

20221101_055109.jpg

Last edited:
Back