Typhon Post your Typhon pics here.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sharing my street build here
8EE305BE-05CE-4C88-BD97-EE6F92E62856.jpeg
0D0B641F-29CA-4062-946F-F1825EDC2614.jpeg
9763F341-24EF-46E9-B4E3-01C32E7A42F7.jpeg

Nice! I just put that setup in my EXB. Gonna run it tomorrow for the first time.

Its a such a sick setup. Im running 24T pinion. Motor never goes past 140 (using 28,000 rpm fans) and ESC stays at 130, although I broke 2 esc fans in 2 days...
The fan just keeps hitting the fan cover. Gonna be putting a washer between the fan cover and the fan so its not sitting so close.

Its a such a sick setup. Im running 24T pinion. Motor never goes past 140 (using 28,000 rpm fans) and ESC stays at 130, although I broke 2 esc fans in 2 days...
The fan just keeps hitting the fan cover. Gonna be putting a washer between the fan cover and the fan so its not sitting so close.
Yeah I have 3 MMX8S and I put an M3 nut under the fan cover. There is a perfect hole in the fan to house it. It offsets the cover just enough and doesn’t stand out like a washer would. ✌?

Yeah I have 3 MMX8S and I put an M3 nut under the fan cover. There is a perfect hole in the fan to house it. It offsets the cover just enough and doesn’t stand out like a washer would. ✌?

I should've done that in the beginning. I don't have any extra M3 nut so I'll just put nitro fuel line instead. That's what im using to space out the motor fan.

I like the washers on the towers. Looks like good protection. She sure is Purdy ?

Some dude online talked about doing this with his buggy and it seemed like a sound idea for a bit of protection ?‍♂️
How do you like the Trencher SC tires?

No idea! I have yet to drive them. First impressions are they seem sturdier (thicker plastic on the wheels themselves) than the Proline Buggy MX ones. I'm gonna drive it on Sunday ?

Some dude online talked about doing this with his buggy and it seemed like a sound idea for a bit of protection ?‍♂️

No idea! I have yet to drive them. First impressions are they seem sturdier (thicker plastic on the wheels themselves) than the Proline Buggy MX ones. I'm gonna drive it on Sunday ?
I’m interested in a set for a Senton, but I had a bad experience with the Belted Trencher 2.8s.

What happened?
They had zero grip on any surface. Was like ice skates. Other have loved their non belted trenchers so I think it was the belting that kept them from getting grip. I really love my Badlands, so I’m not anti-Proline by any means. I would try some Trenchers again if I knew they were going to hook better.

Yep I have a SWB and LWB chassis plate too. Neither are being used. The little nut is hard to get lined up by the motor. Can’t pull the motor without taking off the skid plate. It’s a PITA. My bumpers both pulled the screws thru. Would take a much larger head to secure them now. I could use a wing button washer thing, but I’m afraid it would snag.
My Tbones have already been on their 2nd over sized screws from stripping and at their max length. Tbones are a mess after a few hard hits. :cool:
Hmm Rallye tires....nice, looks like mega grip to me.

Despite the regular Tbone issues, they really never fail in the protection department. That I do notice. They do work. Just need better materials for attatching them.

Back