Kraton Power button problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tumor92

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Typhon 3s
Did I read some where that the power buttons on the 6s rtr kratons are known to go bad I have a v5 ive used like 5 times and the last 2 times I went to go use it the car wont turn on like normal I have to just sit there rapid fire pushing the button while standing on one leg and patting my head for like 20 min and out of shear luck I have to stop right when the fans kick on like 8 times and then I can get it to turn on can I replace the power button or could the loop connector be bad will horizon warranty it or what can I do to fix it i took the button apart and cleaned it

Did I read some where that the power buttons on the 6s rtr kratons are known to go bad I have a v5 ive used like 5 times and the last 2 times I went to go use it the car wont turn on like normal I have to just sit there rapid fire pushing the button while standing on one leg and patting my head for like 20 min and out of shear luck I have to stop right when the fans kick on like 8 times and then I can get it to turn on can I replace the power button or could the loop connector be bad will horizon warranty it or what can I do to fix it i took the button apart and cleaned it
I'd file a claim for sure, but pretty sure you'll just get a whole new ESC as replacing the power button would have to take the whole thing apart and resolder it if you can even get to it. I'd cut it for now and twist the wires together so as soon as you plug in battery it will turn on. Not ideal but will work for the time being and until horizon replaces it or the ESC.

Don't even understand what you are saying. What happens when you push the button?
Haven't heard of the power buttons going bad but not saying it's impossible.

Don't even understand what you are saying. What happens when you push the button?
Haven't heard of the power buttons going bad but not saying it's impossible.
What im saying is i have to go to extreme measures to get the car to turn on I cant just push the button and it powers up like normal

What im saying is i have to go to extreme measures to get the car to turn on I cant just push the button and it powers up like normal
Like I said cut it and twist the wires together, when you plug battery in it will come on

Like I said cut it and twist the wires together, when you plug battery in it will come on
Is it a 3 wire one like the blx185 was? He's saying "push a button", so I'm assuming it's the spektrum esc. I'd guess you have to know which wires to twist... but if it's a momentary "on" like my max10sct/max6's, then you likely wouldn't want to twist the wires together as that would be like holding the button down constantly.

I know the "set" button on my old blx185 doesn't appear to work right (won't go into calibrate mode or adjust settings, just beeps like it's in the menu and that's it) and the rubber boot over the switch has been torn since the second month of owning it (bought the outcast July 2018). I still use it though in my stampede 4x4 on 4S.

Yea its spectrum and its a 4 wire im not cutting and twisting lol I just contacted horizon to see what they say I mean I just got it at the end of march and ive used it like 5 times lol nvr got it wet or bashed the poop out of it lol honestly Idk if the button is even the problem wondered if someone else had the same issue and hiw they resolved it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back