Senton Power cutting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khizir187

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I'm new to rc and I currently own a arma sent on blx 4wd. I have a 5000 lipo battery and it's very quick. The first question I wanted to ask is can you take the trick in rain like heavy rain because it is electrical at the end of the day, and the main problem right this minute is iv taken it on gravel and tarmac only and I get a good strong 15 to 19 minutes with top performance. Now the grass is cut in the back I fully charge it for a good hour which it's supposed to be the bang on time for charging the battery and when I take it out in cut grass after 5 minutes the power just goes and it runs slow then I'd turn it on again straight after get a strong 20 seconds then the same thing again. Can somebody tell me why this is happening on light trimmed grass and on top of that I tried to take it in a field which was a little wet to and the power just went off again, could I get a rc expert to help me thank you​

Sounds like your hitting LVC. What kind of battery and charger are you using? Do you have a lipo alarm or some way of checking the voltage of each cell? Since the car only monitors the total voltage, a bad cell could make this happen. Although most lipo chargers would give you some kind of indication that something's wrong.

Sounds like your hitting LVC. What kind of battery and charger are you using? Do you have a lipo alarm or some way of checking the voltage of each cell? Since the car only monitors the total voltage, a bad cell could make this happen. Although most lipo chargers would give you some kind of indication that something's wrong.
Thank you for replying I am using a 5000 lipo battery and a ultra power plus charger. I manually time the charge of the truck as it gets extremely hot and once I left it for a hour and ten and it didn't turn green to show that the battery is fully charged. I also have a little rip in my tire but taking on grass won't effect it as I can't really give it full throttle due to space. As I mentioned earlier when I charge it and I watch the time as the hour is up it performs exellent on the gravel and tarmac for 15 to 20 minutes. I do the same now but as I take it on grass before it started raining just now I only got 5 minutes and now with the rain 5 minutes again. Also can the truck be taken in rain thankyou

Two things that can cut your runs short:

1) Heat. Running in grass will make your motor and ESC work harder, which creates more heat. If the ESC gets too hot, it will shut down until it cools off.

2) LVC. This stands for low voltage cutoff. When your battery cannot provide enough amperage to the ESC, the voltage drops. If it drops low enough, the ESC will usually go into limp mode, the shortly after it will shut down. Not always will you get limp mode. LVC should happen in the 3.4v to 3.8v range (per cell). Some recent models have been cutting off earlier and some report theirs cuts off at 4.0v.

Now, if you are shutting down too quickly, you can easily check for these two. Get an IR temp gun and check the ESC temp and a lipo checker to check the cell voltages on your lipo.

If it’s hot, you will want to gear down with a smaller pinion. Stock is 20T and going down a few teeth will help.

If it’s not temps, then check your cell voltages. If they are all around 3.6v, then your lipo is just empty and needs a charge. If they are 4.0v or above, there are two possibilities

1) Your ESC May be defective. It happens.

2) Your lipo can’t provide enough amps and is sagging under load. This can also happen if using plug adapters or crap connectors. Use good quality connectors like the XT90 or EC5. If you have Deans plugs, they are likely the problem as they are only rated to 60A.

Hi thank you but the car is not cutting everything is stock and I'm newborn to rc so the technical side of things I'm not strong at. Do you think it can be the actual battery and do you have a answer for ultra power charger why's it getting extremely hot and after the correct charging time it's not turning green

Hi thank you but the car is not cutting everything is stock and I'm newborn to rc so the technical side of things I'm not strong at. Do you think it can be the actual battery and do you have a answer for ultra power charger why's it getting extremely hot and after the correct charging time it's not turning green
What do you mean "turning green". I have the 2 port version of the same charger. Is this what you have?
https://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Power-...2XYTTA1N4NF&psc=1&refRID=JB7687CM72XYTTA1N4NF

It doesn't have a green light afaik. You should never be charging LiPo's by time...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back