Big Rock Power Delivery Again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arcwelder76

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
Quick question for the pros. Since I’m having power delivery problems via my blx 100 ; is the blx 120 a viable option? I’ve posted before concerning power delivery issues and the forum members helped me determine that a faulty ESC is the culprit. Also it was suggested to reach out to horizon and see if they would possibly warranty the esc; which they did. The only issue is that the blx 100 is currently on back order and not going to be available till mid October. The blx 120 is available at horizon and my local hobby shop. I got in touch with horizon again and asked if in stead of waiting several weeks for the blx 100 why not just send the 120 that was in stock. Warranty will only be like for like; ohh well. Just curious if it’s a decent esc and are there any cheap-suitable-reliable upgrades?

Quick question for the pros. Since I’m having power delivery problems via my blx 100 ; is the blx 120 a viable option? I’ve posted before concerning power delivery issues and the forum members helped me determine that a faulty ESC is the culprit. Also it was suggested to reach out to horizon and see if they would possibly warranty the esc; which they did. The only issue is that the blx 100 is currently on back order and not going to be available till mid October. The blx 120 is available at horizon and my local hobby shop. I got in touch with horizon again and asked if in stead of waiting several weeks for the blx 100 why not just send the 120 that was in stock. Warranty will only be like for like; ohh well. Just curious if it’s a decent esc and are there any cheap-suitable-reliable upgrades?
You can ask Horizon to send you a Spektrum Firma 100. It's essentially the same ESC as the BLX 100 but has a few different programming features. A lot of people say the Firma 100 is a better ESC than the BLX 100.

I have a Voteks 3s BLX never had an issue with this ESC.
Spektrum 100amp

This was one of the few parts in my Vorteks I DIDN'T have any issue with. The BLX 100 in my Big Rock seems coggy and doesn't like anything over 15t pinion so I installed the Firma 100 and no more low speed stutters and I can now run a higher gearing.

Don't we why you couldn't use a 120amp ESC.

Id try and get the blx120. Ive taken out the firma 100 from my vorteks because of the stupidly high LVC point at 3.8. Mine is much happier with a blx100 in which I got new from a Breakers (like Jenny's or FKM in the UK). Plus a 120 would allow you to go 4S should you ever want to.
Max10SCT is another great option.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back