Big Rock Power delivery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arcwelder76

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
Okay- got my notorious body done, new wheels and tires reglued mounted and I even managed to successfully balance them. I like the way the truck is set up now. It’s durable and a heck of a lot of fun. My question is this; why does it take a few minutes before it starts to really open up? When I first start running the truck it seems a little sluggish & takes a few minutes of run time before it opens up and I can start pulling the front end off the ground and impressing 3 year olds. It gets really fun then and I have to monitor throttle input. Anyone else have the same thing going on? Is this just the nature of lipo batteries? I know the slipper is dialed in( thanks again to this forum) I know the lipos are good. Any tips or thoughts will be appreciated

Okay- got my notorious body done, new wheels and tires reglued mounted and I even managed to successfully balance them. I like the way the truck is set up now. It’s durable and a heck of a lot of fun. My question is this; why does it take a few minutes before it starts to really open up? When I first start running the truck it seems a little sluggish & takes a few minutes of run time before it opens up and I can start pulling the front end off the ground and impressing 3 year olds. It gets really fun then and I have to monitor throttle input. Anyone else have the same thing going on? Is this just the nature of lipo batteries? I know the slipper is dialed in( thanks again to this forum) I know the lipos are good. Any tips or thoughts will be appreciated
Are your batteries cold at first? Maybe from being in the a/c or…? Haven’t heard this one yet so am intrigued.

Hmmm… you may be on to something. Only bearing I’ve not inspected/cleaned is the motor bearing.

Pull the motor and wiggle that pinion hard. If there’s any play that bearing is going or gone.

Thinking about it i notised that my little ones granite does the same. 🤣 I didn't take it to serious because i don't drive that rig by myself. Will get that bearing inspectet tonight.

Screenshot_20210830-211952_Chrome.jpg

A binding drive train that somehow loosens up after a few minutes??? Never heard of this before. First thought was a bad lipo. But what you describe has happened with many of my Nimpacks and Nicads of RC years gone by. As they peter out. Does exactly what you desribe.This does not apply here though.
Check all your motor wiring connectors to be clean as well as the lipo connectors. They can get fouled out from sparks emitted when connecting them. They can corrode also.

Tighten your slipper? Those plates probably react differently with temperature.

When you get them hot enough they'll probably glue themselves to things.

You could try replacing them. They might be glazed or have dirt on them.

That or realistically your tires might be making a difference.

I am running on road a lot recently and tire temperature actually makes a visible difference.

When you get them hot enough they'll probably glue themselves to things.

You could try replacing them. They might be glazed or have dirt on them.

That or realistically your tires might be making a difference.

I am running on road a lot recently and tire temperature actually makes
Got the slipper adjusted perfectly for the truck but you’ve got a good point temps and running on street

Jims Motor bearings shipped to New Zealand = $45 NZ
Surpass Hobby 3660 3200kv from Banggood = $32 NZ

I've thrown 2 stock Spectrum motors in the bin because of the cost of importing the bearings needed to fix them. I've got a Surpass Hobby motor that has been thrashed and is getting a bit noisy but still rocks on. I also have a Surpass Hobby motor that has broken (in the bin fur that too)

The disadvantage of living at the arse end of the earth - but I love it here.

Jims Motor bearings shipped to New Zealand = $45 NZ
Surpass Hobby 3660 3200kv from Banggood = $32 NZ

I've thrown 2 stock Spectrum motors in the bin because of the cost of importing the bearings needed to fix them. I've got a Surpass Hobby motor that has been thrashed and is getting a bit noisy but still rocks on. I also have a Surpass Hobby motor that has broken (in the bin fur that too)

The disadvantage of living at the arse end of the earth - but I love it here.
Wow. That’s steep!

How much of a power difference are we talking here, like 5-10%, or like 2x?

Most likely electrical IMO, probably capacitors in the ESC starting to go out.

How much of a power difference are we talking here, like 5-10%, or like 2x?

Most likely electrical IMO, probably capacitors in the ESC starting to go out.
Probably 20% slower for a few minutes then it flies. I was originally thinking it was a faulty battery issue but have always balanced charged them and check them via the charger every use/charge and nothing shows up. I am a beginner concerning lipos though 😐 I hope I don’t blow the garage up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back