Power driver? What do you use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I currently use a Worx XTD. It can extend for more reach if required. If/when it's time to replace, I'll get a Milwaukee M12 driver as I'm pretty heavily invested in Milwaukee's M12/M18 line of tools.

I currently use a Worx XTD. It can extend for more reach if required. If/when it's time to replace, I'll get a Milwaukee M12 driver as I'm pretty heavily invested in Milwaukee's M12/M18 line of tools.
Thanks for sharing that...right price range!

I use a Milwaukee M12 driver. With the extended battery, it will stand up on the handle, and run for days. Great torque limiting chuck too. Light enough to be easy to use for car maintenance, but enough power for 90% of around the house chores too.
I have the same one, but I still just use the little M12 battery. Since it comes with 2, I always have one on the charger. Combined with MIP hex bits, it's a great tool to have. Been using it for 3+ years and it hasn't let me down. The arthritis in my hands has been awful the past 5+ years. If I didn't have this tool, I wouldn't be able to wrench my trucks! Even still after a long fixing session, I have a hard time making my fingers do what I want the next day. Can't imagine how bad it would be if I just used hand tools.

The first one I tried were those cheap plug in lipo ones for $30 or so, they would die, stop working, slip after a short while. Also had relatively cheap OFNA hex bits, which sucked.

2009-1225-NewHexBits.jpg

Then I got a dewalt 7.2V NiMH one, or NiCAD, can't recall. I had it for quite a few years. I'll never not use lipo again though. Lighter and no performance degradation over time or throughout a charge. I also have a lipo dremel now too. Works so well, I gave my old plug in B&D version to a new RC buddy.

The M12 and MIP bits seem to hold up really well. Have had both for a few years at least.

I have a Craftsman Model 11398 4V lithium power screwdriver that I've been using for 5 years or so. It works great with my MIP bits. It has 2 speeds and a 20 position clutch. And I think it was only $30 new when I got it.

I use this Hitachi DB3DL2, it is a great one, clutch goes low enough it can be used on electronics ( i have one at work I use almost every day for that purpose as well) and if I am not at my workbench I'll grab my Milwaukee M12, have to be cautious on the M12 as it has way more power than needed.

$_32.jpg

TT

Harbor freight drill master cord less screw driver for mine with integy 4pc tin coated work good for me

I’ve also been using the Hitachi DB3DL2 and have been incredibly pleased with it. I’ve only had it for a few months but the clutch works great. It’s nice to have a consistent setting.

The 90 degree and small size of it also came in handy today pulling the blower motor from my furnace today.

Fyi Skil is Bosch's sub brand. Batteries and accessories are compatible and they are cheaper. I have had mine for 5 years now and it's still going strong.
Mine is way too large just for RC(I mean it works, but it's a bit unwieldy to handle for tiny screws, it takes drill bit up to 1/2" so it's massive) but I see they have tiny models too.

Damn thats cheap! I just ordered one for $25. Always see the better deals after I make my purchases hah

I use the Hitachi also.

I bought a Milwaukee M12 from Home Depot and pairwd with the MIP hez drivers it has become invaluable to me. It came with one battery and a charger and the battery lasts well over a week for me and charges really fast. I only use it in my RC trucks.

I just picked up the Ryobi quick turn screwdriver, hp44l. For bits I plan an getting a set of Dynamites. My hand drivers have served me well for close to a decade now with no visible wear, so I expect the power bits to do the same.
I was able to easily drive a 1-1/4" deck screw into a 2x4 with no issues, so should serve me well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back