Kraton Power HD 20kg servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K4L4M1TY

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Voltage
Anyone using these servo's in their kraton or similar? Specifically the blue 20kg waterproof model LW-20mg. Stripped out the weak ads-15m already and the Power HD's seem to get good reviews for their price.

The 20kg one is only copper and aluminium gears. Most people get the 23kg ones which are the metal gears and are faster.

don't get the power hd23. I got it and it can barely fkn move the tires but for some reason the power hd 20 has more torque. A guy in youtube tested them and the 20 pulled higher numbers. I replaced my servo with a bluebird hb20b.

don't get the power hd23. I got it and it can barely fkn move the tires but for some reason the power hd 20 has more torque. A guy in youtube tested them and the 20 pulled higher numbers. I replaced my servo with a bluebird hb20b.
Yeah, seen that vid and was definitely keeping away from the 23kg. I would really like to try one of these cheaper servo options so I don't have to worry about destroying it but i'm unsure about them putting up with what I dish out. Thinking I might suck it up and go get a savox sw1210sg but I don't want to run a more expensive servo until I get a better servo mount as I don't think anyone can say for sure if it's the weak ads15m servo or the weak kraton servo mount that cause premature failure.

Yo
Yeah, seen that vid and was definitely keeping away from the 23kg. I would really like to try one of these cheaper servo options so I don't have to worry about destroying it but i'm unsure about them putting up with what I dish out. Thinking I might suck it up and go get a savox sw1210sg but I don't want to run a more expensive servo until I get a better servo mount as I don't think anyone can say for sure if it's the weak ads15m servo or the weak kraton servo mount that cause premature failure.
u might as well get the bluebird if yr spending that much. This poop moves planet earth

I have the 20kg on my Nero. Dos not do the job. You realy need the 25kg. But my advise is to buy a Savox!

I'm running the power hd20kg on my Losi 1/8 nitro(Kraton is clearly a different beast), so far it's been great, but it's only a few runs old so I can't comment on reliability. I've got the Savox(I do run the voltage hobbies servo mount though) on my Kraton V3 and I can't be happier. It's had some really heavy one wheel, front end landings and I thought the worst, but the Savox dusts it's self off and away it goes. I was using the old Kraton servo in the Losi when the electronics completely failed in it(Kraton Servo) at full throttle, so I've ordered another power hd 20 for the throttle and brake. Luckily the car had steering and I was able to drive it into something to stop it.

Attachments

• 20180518_211604.jpg
    20180518_211604.jpg
    330.7 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
I
Anyone using these servo's in their kraton or similar? Specifically the blue 20kg waterproof model LW-20mg. Stripped out the weak ads-15m already and the Power HD's seem to get good reviews for their price.
I bought a used talion that has one if these and its still going fine. So bought a few to use in other rcs and they do pretty darn good for the price. (Running 3 in total☺)

I have those servos in my traxxas e revo 6s , I run two of them. I suppose I could have just used one but since the revo originally uses two servos I figured for the price I'd stick with the dual steering servo set up. It's probably overkill but I'd rather have too much than not enough. I haven't experienced any problems whatsoever with the servos. I'm happy with them, all in all a decent servo at a good price.

I have 2 of these, I original ran a savox 1210sg in my mad force with aluminum clodbuster sized wheels and tires and the savox steered those with authority. When I put the power HD20KG on the mad force, even though they were rated the same tq at the same voltage, they are not as strong or fast. I feel it laboring to turn the big tires and wheels. Still way more powerful than the stock 15kg servo though.

I ended up putting that savox servo in my talion, and holy crap. This servo is a beast at 7.4 volts, super fast and no problems with torque.

In my experience of the 20kg it’s not up to the job on a Kraton. I was hoping it would be after the standard one went but it can’t pull it’s weight with a set of badlands on. Mines going for something better

Well I decided to order a super cheapy to see how it fairs. Got the JX PDI-6221mg on the way, not expecting much out of it but some say it's decent some say it's garbage, for $13USD I could care less as long as it doesn't take anything with it when/if it goes. Will then decide what I should get if needed. I prefer to buy from stores so if I have any problems I know where to go. If this cheapy takes a good beating and keeps ticking I may just look at an upgraded JX servo instead of going to the savox, or hitec that my buddy keeps telling me he loves.

Well I decided to order a super cheapy to see how it fairs. Got the JX PDI-6221mg on the way, not expecting much out of it but some say it's decent some say it's garbage, for $13USD I could care less as long as it doesn't take anything with it when/if it goes. Will then decide what I should get if needed. I prefer to buy from stores so if I have any problems I know where to go. If this cheapy takes a good beating and keeps ticking I may just look at an upgraded JX servo instead of going to the savox, or hitec that my buddy keeps telling me he loves.

I've got this JX servo in my MT410 and it is definitely quick and powerful. I can't speak anything about longevity though as I only have two runs on it, but for $48 I can't complain......yet anyways lol.

I've got this JX servo in my MT410 and it is definitely quick and powerful. I can't speak anything about longevity though as I only have two runs on it, but for $48 I can't complain......yet anyways lol.
Nice, yeh my shop has the 32kg version of those alloy case JX's and I was thinking that might be my next choice if this cheapy holds up ok.

Nice, yeh my shop has the 32kg version of those alloy case JX's and I was thinking that might be my next choice if this cheapy holds up ok.
My initial thoughts are good but we will see if it makes it through a year. Tomorrow will be my first real jump and bash session with it as well as my MT410 so we will see how the servo and my assembly skills hold up, assuming I don't overheat in the 97 degrees.

I'm not sure about the Power HD 20 or 23, but the DW25LV 25kg Waterproof servo looks good (347.2 oz.in torque
@ .11 secs on 6V):
https://www.banggood.com/Power-HD-D...-p-1251453.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN

I was also looking at the JX servos, but was more interested in the 32kg version, JX BLS-HV7132MG brushless servo (382oz.in torque, 0.09 transit speed on 6V):
https://m.banggood.com/JX-BLS-HV713...t-p-1179987.html?rmmds=detail-bottom-alsolike

However, I ended up getting the Turnigy TGY-WP 23 Waterpoof servo for $40 (320 oz.in torque @ .12 secs on 6V):
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy...al-servo-23kg-0-12sec-75g.html?___store=en_us

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back