Power hungry!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coopsonthefarm

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
So I’m a proud owner of a Talion and Outcast and am completely addicted to upgrading them into to most ultimate bashing monsters possible!! I have just ordered the hobbystar 4092 1790kv motor and the max6 esc! Got the yea racing twinn fans as well as the esc program card coming as well. My question is, are there other upgrades to go along with this power system. Any mounting tips, esc settings, or gear ratios tips would be awesome. I know it’s an ungodly amount of power and I would like to make the most of it. I want to be prepared for any issues that come along with it. I live in Hawaii (warm climate) and am an off road basher- a poor mans Rich Duperbash Any feed back regarding this set up is much appreciated

So with the Talion, a good front bumper is needed. otherwise you will destroy the front of that body quick. Speaking from experience here. I don't know if it was just mine, but the diffs, and input gears needed a shimming bad. I was slipping, and grinding a lot. You did the dual fan setup which helped my rides a lot! Changing the diff fluid to a much thicker one also helped keep the crazy tire spin down which will help with over rev that creates heat. Running 100k front, 200k mid, and 60k rear in the Talion. I will say from personal experience now, do NOT buy the Hot Racing aluminum wing mount. It's to strong, and breaks parts because it has 0 give. I'm converting over to the RPM wing mounts. Also running the Kraton wing on the Talion. It is much more flexible when landing the wrong way. There are more, but thats a good start.

I'm like you. I have a tinkering problem. Can't stop trying new parts:)

Man I have tried and tried to find that brace you used for the long can and can't. If you run across another for sale post a link so I can get one please.

I asked the seller on eBay I purchased from previously to see if they can get more. I am also looking for another one.

Last edited:
Keep me updated please. I plan to put it as far back on my Leopard 4092 as I can and not mount it to the chassis in case I change pinions. If that isn't effective then I plan to make a grove for the screw that goes through the chassis so I can change pinions.

My plan was to also make my mounting hole for the motor brace into a slot for adjustability, but the 20/50 pinion/spur combination is perfect for me with the tp 4070cm 2200kv motor.

That's what I'm running but I have the 1480kv leopard so I need to gear up. I can be running down the road on blacktop and bury the throttle and it will just break loose and usually puts me in a ditch. I ordered the 46t losi spur but it doesn't work with the Arrma outdrives. Waiting on a differential from a dex408 to see off I can get it to work. Had some extra dex408 outdrives and they fit perfect so hoping the rest of the 408 stuff is going to work.

Update- got everything installed. 20t pinion w stock 50t spur. Violent standing & rolling backflips!!! An absolute monster!!

Attachments

• 0C2FC93A-5C8E-4DB4-BFA6-D48C7B5787E1.jpeg
    0C2FC93A-5C8E-4DB4-BFA6-D48C7B5787E1.jpeg
    327.6 KB · Views: 63
  • BE58A76D-7569-4B26-ACD1-87337BF94C0C.jpeg
    BE58A76D-7569-4B26-ACD1-87337BF94C0C.jpeg
    313.7 KB · Views: 55
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back