Typhon Power loss and advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chesh89

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Just bought a 2018 typhon and I am very please with it I’m running it with 2 4000ma 3s lipos with 45c rating, I found there was a power loss after around 5minutes of running on full throttle any idea why this could of happend, I turned it of and left it for 2-3 mins and it was fine again then done the same 5minutes later,

Also I want to change my diff oils I mainly use the car of road what would people recommend

LVC was my guess too. If you truly are running full throttle for 5 minutes it wouldn't surprise that it's at low voltage cutoff with that small of batteries.

Along with checking the temps like @Jerry-rigged says what are the voltages of all the cells of your batteries?

Wasn’t able to check the temps as don’t have a temp gun, but Voltages were around 60% to be honest this was my quest aswell as was ok once I had turned it of then back on again, I’m going to get a new bigger battery today so will see if it’s the battery or not

Appears to be the battery’s causing the issue as ran ok on new battery

Appears to be the battery’s causing the issue as ran ok on new battery
That's good to hear. Could have just been dropping the voltage to the LVC when the battery was under load to. You never did list the voltage of the cells either and I don't know what 60% voltage is.

That's good to hear. Could have just been dropping the voltage to the LVC when the battery was under load to. You never did list the voltage of the cells either and I don't know what 60% voltage is.
2.52v by my calculations.

2.52v by my calculations.
LOL... let't hope not. For Lipo, you need to use 3.0v as 0%. So you have 1.2v usable range, so 60% would be around 3.7v, if it was linier, which I don't think it is.
Also, as an FYI, my voltage checker shows vPS, and total %. At storage (3.85v) it shows about 45%. Who knows how right that is, though.

LOL... let't hope not. For Lipo, you need to use 3.0v as 0%. So you have 1.2v usable range, so 60% would be around 3.7v, if it was linier, which I don't think it is.
Also, as an FYI, my voltage checker shows vPS, and total %. At storage (3.85v) it shows about 45%. Who knows how right that is, though.
HAHA that's what I was thinking as well. If it was at 3.7v, with it only being a 4000mah battery, I could see it hitting the LVC under throttle. I know my 5000mah batteries hit the LVC and a lot of times I check them and they are around 3.5v when not under load.

3S? Typhon runs on 4 or 6s.
And it sounds like you might need to bone up on lipo charging and care. Improper handling can pose a fire danger.

And it sounds like you might need to bone up on lipo charging and care. Improper handling can pose a fire danger.
2x3s = 6s and the battery’s we’re both 100% charged but when it went in to limp mode the battery’s had 60% charge left in them I can’t remember the voltages, the reason for the car going in to safe mode with the battery’s is because the connectors were only cheap ones and not arrma ones I no this as I have now put arrma ones on instead and it hasn’t had a problem since

Stock BLX185 system can run on 3s as well as 4s and 6s.
2x3s = 6s and the battery’s we’re both 100% charged but when it went in to limp mode the battery’s had 60% charge left in them I can’t remember the voltages, the reason for the car going in to safe mode with the battery’s is because the connectors were only cheap ones and not arrma ones I no this as I have now put arrma ones on instead and it hasn’t had a problem since
Good to hear that you got to root of the issue and it was a simple fix!! Thanks for letting us know that you found the issue.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back