Power supply out of a 2010 computer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoNoHarm

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
My computer took a crap and everyone always says to take the power supply out because they’re nice to have. Here’s mine:
image.jpg

image.jpg

So, what can I do with it? Can I make it useful and power an rc charger? Also, how good is thing thing... I’m not expecting it to be fantastic but is it even worth using? If you have any videos please put them here, I want to know which of these 100 wires to use.
Here’s the wires
image.jpg

Short story long no I wouldn't use it as it only puts out 300w and 13a max on the second 12v rail. It's a cheap pc psu and to be completely honest I wouldn't even use it in a pc. That psu is basically a paper weight.

Short story long no I wouldn't use it as it only puts out 300w and 13a max on the second 12v rail. It's a cheap pc psu and to be completely honest I wouldn't even use it in a pc. That psu is basically a paper weight.
Ah that’s information I was looking for. Thanks man, in the bin it goes.

No problem, I’ll buy 2 more, wire all 3 in parallel to a charger, then we’re talking ? but even then I’m pretty sure 900w is still a bit low

I just bought a converted psu off some random dude off eBay. It's been chugging along for 2 years now.

I'd say use a server PSU. They're higher amp output and made for continuous high demand usage. PC power supplies don't seem to last very long as a charger PSU. Also, you can find plenty of used server PSUs on eBay for cheap.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back