Big Rock Power upgrade...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Peteyk49
Because of the ESC mounting...do you have a 3D printer? Or do you know anybody who can 3D-Print you a part or mill it out of aluminium?
If yes, you could do something like I did on my BRCC to mount my HW MAX8.
I can even send you the 3D model if you want to (granted, I would have to modify it so it can be used with a BLX185, but that's no big deal).

View attachment 75319

View attachment 75320
Thanks! I’ve been thinking about getting a 3D printer. I don’t anyone that has one. If I find somebody that has one I’ll gladly take you up on your offer. I keep telling my wife she “needs” a 3D printer for all her crafts haha. Your setup looks great!

Unfortunately no I don’t. I did buy an action camera last week but haven’t taken it out of the box yet lol. I put a goolrc 60a esc 4300kv 3650 motor in my sons stampede 2wd and on 3s is nuts! And $34 combo.
Mines the 4wd version, center diff, 3S. Currently have a hobbystar 3660/3100kv in it with the max10 sct esc. It's far from "nuts", but it is a handful to drive. My only reasoning of going with changing to the longer motor/better esc I currently have is to deal with temps of running for 20+ minutes on a 7400mah pack in the grass. I would like to gear it at least 1 tooth higher, but pretty sure it will be too much for the max10sct. Guessing the BLX185 will deal with that better.

@Peteyk49
Thank you :D
I also wanted to run a 3674 can...but then there was a 10% sale on all TP Motors motors that were in stock in the german warehause, so I decided to go with this sweet 40x63mm 3267kv sealed can (was about the same price as a TP 36x74) and added a Hobbywing MAX8 to the mix.
Then I had the luck to get into a conversation about RCs with a guy who owns a small prototyping company, and he offered me to mill this part out of 7075 aluminium for free.

With that said, I don't know if the part won't be to thin for 3D-printing, so I might have to modify it, and I can't promise that everything will fit 1st try.
Although, if there is someone with a 3D printer that has nothing against printing a few prototypes, I could make a few 3D models and put them on the forum for everyone (would be a good exercise for my studies).

Mines the 4wd version, center diff, 3S. Currently have a hobbystar 3660/3100kv in it with the max10 sct esc. It's far from "nuts", but it is a handful to drive. My only reasoning of going with changing to the longer motor/better esc I currently have is to deal with temps of running for 20+ minutes on a 7400mah pack in the grass. I would like to gear it at least 1 tooth higher, but pretty sure it will be too much for the max10sct. Guessing the BLX185 will deal with that better.
Heat was the same reason I went with the longer cab motor. Plus having a little more torque is nice. It screams! On 4s it’s just stupid lol. I had the max10sct in it with the stock motor and there wasn’t a real noticeable upgrade other than being a much better esc than stock. My son killed it in a week or so by sinking it in water. So I put in the blx185 I had as backup. Then the motor died from water damage soon after so I upgraded that as well. It doesn’t have heat issues like the 3660 3200kv motor did. I have a cooking fan on the motor too

Heat was the same reason I went with the longer cab motor. Plus having a little more torque is nice. It screams! On 4s it’s just stupid lol. I had the max10sct in it with the stock motor and there wasn’t a real noticeable upgrade other than being a much better esc than stock. My son killed it in a week or so by sinking it in water. So I put in the blx185 I had as backup. Then the motor died from water damage soon after so I upgraded that as well. It doesn’t have heat issues like the 3660 3200kv motor did. I have a cooking fan on the motor too
That's why I went with the 3665 can. It helped, but I think it's still working the esc too hard. I don't have room to fit much else in there, so elongating the chassis by getting a slash chassis will allow me to fit whatever I want in there. Will see how it does with the blx185 and 3665 motor I have now, but if that doesn't cut it, I'll find a 2900-3000kv 3674 motor. Since I want to stick with 3S, not sure I can go much lower, maybe 2800kv. I have some gearing options with the center diff to take teeth off the spur/add to the pinion... so maybe I could drop down to a torquey 3675 2400kv and gear up.

That's why I went with the 3665 can. It helped, but I think it's still working the esc too hard. I don't have room to fit much else in there, so elongating the chassis by getting a slash chassis will allow me to fit whatever I want in there. Will see how it does with the blx185 and 3665 motor I have now, but if that doesn't cut it, I'll find a 2900-3000kv 3674 motor. Since I want to stick with 3S, not sure I can go much lower, maybe 2800kv. I have some gearing options with the center diff to take teeth off the spur/add to the pinion... so maybe I could drop down to a torquey 3675 2400kv and gear up.
I didn’t want too low of a kv motor and I found the 2950kv. Stock was 3200kv . I didn’t want so much torque that it broke the driveline

I didn’t want too low of a kv motor and I found the 2950kv. Stock was 3200kv . I didn’t want so much torque that it broke the driveline
Yeah, between gearing and punch setting, hoping it can soften the blow some. I have steel MIP x-duty axles on the stampede, so those can take it, but I don't want to have to fully upgrade the diffs too if I don't have to.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back