Powerhobby 1/8 GT Beast & Phantom Belted Tires for Racing, Speed Runs & High Speed Bashing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diem Turner

Yes...I have a Premium Member
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
I just happened to spot these at Island Hobby Nut and was curious if anyone has tried these yet. I haven't seen these before so it's possible they just came out very recently. They look nice enough.

These are the Phantom model:
1664060570057.png

And these are the Beast model:
1664060600809.png

Specifications:
  • Wheel Hex: 17mm
  • Outside Diameter: 103mm (4.05")
  • Wheel Inside Diameter: 80mm (3.14")
  • Width: 42.0mm (1.65")
  • Height: 100mm (3.93")

I just happened to spot these at Island Hobby Nut and was curious if anyone has tried these yet. I haven't seen these before so it's possible they just came out very recently. They look nice enough.

These are the Phantom model:
View attachment 245724

And these are the Beast model:
View attachment 245725

Specifications:
  • Wheel Hex: 17mm
  • Outside Diameter: 103mm (4.05")
  • Wheel Inside Diameter: 80mm (3.14")
  • Width: 42.0mm (1.65")
  • Height: 100mm (3.93")
Been out for awhile. Never used them since I figured they were like Hoons which suck.

Would only recommend for bashing.
I tried some last year I got when they first came out just for fun, they were terrible for grip, they were even the gripper version. They also melted the hubs because their hexes were cut too deep Into the wheel,
I think their fix for that was supplying washers in the bag. I can’t imagine these are any better

Would only recommend for bashing.
I tried some last year I got when they first came out just for fun, they were terrible for grip, they were even the gripper version. They also melted the hubs because their hexes were cut too deep Into the wheel,
I think their fix for that was supplying washers in the bag. I can’t imagine these are any better
Interesting. I think they did the same thing with their Gripper wheels (though I can't remember offhand if there were any included in the two sets I got). Thanks for the info (y)

I had some of the phantoms a while ago. I never had problems with them and the hubs but I did chunk 2 tires and that turned me off. I've had much better luck with the grippers and haven't chunk them yet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back