PowerHobby belted new

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crimsonfancy

A guy that won't give up easily.
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Notorious
  6. Talion
  7. Typhon 6s
I ordered new belted Trenchers and on the way this week.
Who's gonna try these new PH belted though? I like the look of the tread.
$25 more for the full vehicle vs the new ProLine Trenchers.
https://vortexhobbies.com/power-hob...s-sport-medium-comp-phbpht1141s-p-211982.html

@joostin420 have you seen these?

Don't know if I like the look of those wheels though. The spokes don't look very beefy. Looks like they'd crack pretty easily on big landings or hard hits.

I wouldnt jump my truck with these..

With a low profile sidewall like these have.. The tires wont absorb the energy at the landing.. Wheels not gonna like those hits..

Where are you supposed to use these? Profile says on road, tread says off road. :unsure:

I like the tread pattern but I don’t care for the look of the wheels though. Might be worth a shot, but at $60 a pair they are the same price as the terrain crushers.

I like the tread pattern but I don’t care for the look of the wheels though.

They seem to be Method ripoffs. Those look good on scale RCs with tall tires (and 1:1 trucks), but here they really look out of place.

Wonder if they will make a 1/10 scale version of that? A little too big for my Granite, but like the look. I would buy a pair if they were a little smaller. I’m like a woman buying shoes. I will buy a shitload of tires just to try them. In fact, I just preordered a set of Hoons. I can’t help myself.

Don't like the wheels, deal breaker!

Wonder if they will make a 1/10 scale version of that? A little too big for my Granite, but like the look. I would buy a pair if they were a little smaller. I’m like a woman buying shoes. I will buy a shitload of tires just to try them. In fact, I just preordered a set of Hoons. I can’t help myself.

I wanted Hoons too but got to drinking beer and needed instant gratification vs a preorder. No doubt I'll drink beer again and the Hoons are still in my future for the Typhon.

I disagree with the idea that these wouldn't handle jumps. If you look at the areas where you can see through the rim on an angle, there is a lot of meat on the spokes. The design also has a very large center core, and the holes have nice radius', instead of sharp spoke designs, which would definitely help absorb impacts. Maybe not the best for launching 20 or 30 feet in the air, but for bashing at a dirt bmx park, they look like they would handle pretty nicely. Then again, I break everything, so just ignore everything I just wrote.

I don't think many folks look for big air on belted tires. The Sweep Racing ones are notorious for cracking rims but I think they've addressed these concerns lately.
I bought the belted Trenchers for my BRCC because I want to see something besides the common Badlands. I got the 17mm Proline hex swaps for em too....but not the highly overpriced aluminum ones they offer. Funny they release the belted tires and are out of stock on the plastic hex set at Proline website? Plenty aluminum ones in stock though...if somebody wants to spend freakin $80 extra.... $80 vs $7?

Can I get a link to the 17mm replacement hubs for the belted rims?

Best $9 I spent all week.
Should've been $7 for me because shipping and tax was free from Proline when I bought the belted set. It would've been if they weren't trying to influence folks to buy the over-priced aluminum ones.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back