Powerhobby h200 duo charger issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nbuck412

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hey guys. New to the hobby an my charger and batteries just came in. Long story short the charger is only working on one side and the other side is just showing the hardware and software versions. It will not do anything else. Plugged the charger in. All the leads were plugged in first then the batteries then the balance boards. Same sequence on both sides. Any info would be great. Can’t find any support online for Powerhobby. Thanks in advance.

is There a channel button? Some of my chargers act entirely independent without a channel button. But I have a few others that require me to hit channel to switch over.

No there is a start stop and two status buttons on each side of the charger. I attached a picture of it also to be more specific

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    367.2 KB · Views: 52
If a battery isn't plugged into channel 1, does the LCD for it default to displaying the hardware and software version?

If a battery isn't plugged into channel 1, does the LCD for it default to displaying the hardware and software version?
No it does not. That’s what I originally thought so I plugged the second battery in on channel two and it remained the same.attached picture with both sides without batteries
I thought maybe it needed a software update but when you go on to power hobby’s website there isn’t even an update link.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    376 KB · Views: 55
No there is a start stop and two status buttons on each side of the charger. I attached a picture of it also to be more specific

I don't know if this is helpful to get you going but if the charger is faulty it appears their customer service would be easy to deal with.
Also, if you decide you aren't pleased and can return it, for the same money you can get a fantastic 200w charger with great software and 15a potential.

1587760557223.png

No it does not. That’s what I originally thought so I plugged the second battery in on channel two and it remained the same.attached picture with both sides without batteries

I thought maybe it needed a software update but when you go on to power hobby’s website there isn’t even an update link.

When you first power it up, does the LCD for channel 1 first show the hardware and software version like the one on the right, and then change to the display in your picture?

When you first power it up, does the LCD for channel 1 first show the hardware and software version like the one on the right, and then change to the display in your picture?
No, it says Powerhobby then goes to the default lipo charging mode

I’ve emailed them still haven’t received a response. Also tried to call and left a message. I emailed through their site and through eBay. I guess I’ll wait for their response.
Could be bricked, but I don't have any firsthand knowledge of that charger.

Appears you can contact Powerhobby here: https://www.powerhobby.com/contact.
What charger do you recommend that you use personally? I’d like to be under 150

I’ve emailed them still haven’t received a response. Also tried to call and left a message. I emailed through their site and through eBay. I guess I’ll wait for their response.

What charger do you recommend that you use personally? I’d like to be under 150
I personally use the one I linked above for $119. I regularly say it's one of my top hobby purchases ever. I love every bit of it.
https://pyrodrone.com/collections/chargers/products/hota-d6-pro-charger-ac200w-dc650w-15a

I had that happen with my HTRC H150 AC/DC Duo. It's a charger that I have wired up in my car to use when I'm out bashing. My bashing buddy plugged his pack into one side before turning the charger on. It didn't have a switch at the time, you had to plug it in before using it. It freaked it out, but just the one side, it did the same thing yours is doing.

Then I brought it into my house, plugged it into AC while holding down each button, one at a time, unplugging power, replugging power, unplugging... was annoyed and figured I couldn't break it much more, so I kept fiddling with it and after a half hour or so of that, both sides booted up properly and it worked fine since.

I later took it apart and wired a 60A DC switch into it, only in the DC line so I could leave it plugged in as plugging it in/unplugging just seemed taxing on the xt60 plug. Been using it for 2 years now. Eventually, one sides +/- buttons quit working too, but it's currently at 12A charge rate and auto-detect, so I will just keep using it until it dies.

When it dies, I'll get a couple more ISDT Q6 Pro chargers and use those. I have 1 that I also use in my car currently as well to charge my transmitter, glow heater, receiver packs and a 3rd/4th lipo with a parallel board if need be. Decent little charger for $60 a piece.

Handy that my car has the battery in the trunk... then I didn't need to run cables up under the hood and I can keep the charger wired in all the time since it has a switch. The isdt doesn't, but I keep that in it's box in my truck bag unless I need to charge a 3rd item.
2019-0420-ChargingInMyTrunk01.jpg

Ok guys just as a heads up, the folks at power hobby contacted me wishing 24 hrs and are sending out a replacement charger free of charge along with a prepaid return shipping label. Can’t comment on longevity of the product obviously, but the customer service even during the pandemic has been good so far.

I also have this charger and it did something funky like that once. I unplugged and plugged back in and hasn't happened since

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back