Powerhobby Raptor 2.8 wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velodromed

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
  9. Infraction 4x4
Has anyone used these wheels before? Good or bad? Thanks y’all!

839632AA-52BE-4873-AB5B-7739CA7774A6.png

Has anyone used these wheels before? Good or bad? Thanks y’all!

View attachment 194961
I'm using some similar but with 17mm hexes. Around the same price. So far I like them way better than the 2.8 proline trenchers. Better traction in grass. Easier to take on and off. One of them became unglued. But they are holding up well to 6s power. They look good on my Granite BLX with 17mm hexes

I'm using some similar but with 17mm hexes. Around the same price. So far I like them way better than the 2.8 proline trenchers. Better traction in grass. Easier to take on and off. One of them became unglued. But they are holding up well to 6s power. They look good on my Granite BLX with 17mm hexes
That’s what I was looking at them for, my vorteks hybrid or granite. How about weight? Compared to Badlands, what do you think? I can’t find anywhere that states the weight…
Thanks!!

That’s what I was looking at them for, my vorteks hybrid or granite. How about weight? Compared to Badlands, what do you think? I can’t find anywhere that states the weight…
Thanks!!
I believe that they are bit lighter than the trenchers or badlands of the same size.

I don't have 2.8's but I've got both the 2.2 Raptors and the Defenders for my Sentons. The tread on both of them is excellent and grips much better than anything else I've tried on them, including Badlands (which I am a fan of). They do really well on loose dirt.

I don't have 2.8's but I've got both the 2.2 Raptors and the Defenders for my Sentons. The tread on both of them is excellent and grips much better than anything else I've tried on them, including Badlands (which I am a fan of). They do really well on loose dirt.
For the price, powerhobby has some very nice and durable tires. That's been my experience. You just have to keep an eye on your tire glue. But I run crazy tall gearing on my rigs.

Even though I love these Powerhobby tires, unfortunately the wheels that they were mounted on have rather soft hex hole things,(or whatever they’re called), at least on the 14 mm versions. The rear left hex hole stripped out today and the right one is beginning to enlarge. Wheels were on tight and proper, I check them before every run.

Man, i’ve never had this happen before, not with any of the stock wheels I’ve been through or proline. Now if this was a proline wheel I’d be able to slap a new hex on, but it’s not so I can’t. Guess I cannot recommend them anymore even though I love them on my vorteks.

Fortunately I bought them through Amazon and even though I am outside the return window, they agreed to let me to return them after I sent pictures. So I am doing exactly that and will pick up another set of badlands

I bought another set of power hobby wheels from someone here on the forum. Are there any tricks to reinforce the hex hole things or should I just cross my fingers? Or maybe I’ll just put them on my wife’s big rock, she drives it pretty easy. Wait, those are 17 mm so hopefully they’ll be stronger.

8BB8F07D-7ECC-4C5F-96E7-64E1650A9320.jpeg

0C55E790-3F0E-49B7-877A-343C285D5747.jpeg

Are you landing jumps under power? That's the only time I've seen hexes strip that bad.

Even though I love these Powerhobby tires, unfortunately the wheels that they were mounted on have rather soft hex hole things,(or whatever they’re called), at least on the 14 mm versions. The rear left hex hole stripped out today and the right one is beginning to enlarge. Wheels were on tight and proper, I check them before every run.

Man, i’ve never had this happen before, not with any of the stock wheels I’ve been through or proline. Now if this was a proline wheel I’d be able to slap a new hex on, but it’s not so I can’t. Guess I cannot recommend them anymore even though I love them on my vorteks.

Fortunately I bought them through Amazon and even though I am outside the return window, they agreed to let me to return them after I sent pictures. So I am doing exactly that and will pick up another set of badlands

I bought another set of power hobby wheels from someone here on the forum. Are there any tricks to reinforce the hex hole things or should I just cross my fingers? Or maybe I’ll just put them on my wife’s big rock, she drives it pretty easy. Wait, those are 17 mm so hopefully they’ll be stronger.

View attachment 204967

View attachment 204968
That sucks. My 17mm PH 2.8 tires can even take the abuse of my 6s truggified Typhon with no issues.

Last edited:
Hey I just got some of these for my granite - 2.8's with 17mm (typhon shafts). Wish I saw this first, but hopefully they’ll be ok on stock 3s power with 17mm. Haven't run them yet but they are nice looking and feeling tires.

A6BC8074-41D5-4141-BBDC-671CADAE5FB2.jpeg

Hey I just got some of these for my granite - 2.8's with 17mm (typhon shafts). Wish I saw this first, but hopefully they’ll be ok on stock 3s power with 17mm. Haven't run them yet but they are nice looking and feeling tires.

View attachment 276869
They will do fine. You really have to keep an eye on the glue bead front and back. They are interesting, not like standard tires, more like an inner tube and tire built in. When they begin to separate on the backside, you’ll understand what I mean.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back