Kraton Powerhobby (Raptor) vs SRC Terrain Crushers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eastwolf1228

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
Hey team
My stock V4 tires are nearly bald given the fact that 70% of my bashing is done on hard carpark type surfaces. 30% is done on short grass fields.

Can anyone shed any light on the pros and cons of each? I hardly take my Kraton off road, and if I did it would just be loose shingle. I enjoy bashing in wet grass for a little drift action too.
My truggy would be lucky to fly more than 2-3 feet off the ground.... It generally stays grounded.

Hope you can help me decide.

Attachments

• pht1141_03.jpg
    pht1141_03.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 57
  • images (5).jpeg
    images (5).jpeg
    15.2 KB · Views: 37
I don't have either so my thoughts arent worth much but...

The SRC looks to put a bit more rubber in contact with the ground so if both rubber compounds were about equal it would have a bit more grip on tarmac and maybe a bit more life. It wouldnt be as good on the loose though.

The powerhobby wheels look like they might be a bit stronger. I have a set of smaller wheels that have a similar design to the SRC wheels and I've broken spokes on 2 of them... might just be purely a plastics quality thing though so could be wrong on that.

If you keep your jumping to a bare minimum and run 90%+ on tarmac, I'd probably go with the SRC's

If I want more of an allrounder and be less scared to jump... I'd go for the Powerhobby's

I have both, but I have not run my set of PH raptors yet. I will check with some people that I have hooked up with the PH raptors. 1x with an outcast and 1x with a Kraton running a tp 4070cm 2200kv also like me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back