Limitless PP V2 shafts.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LicketySplit

Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Outcast 6s
So I’ve tried them in multiple drive cups. I know the front shaft has a darker color meant for the front cup. On the rear it’s really tight to slide into the cup. To the point I would have to force it in there. Front has the issue also but not as bad. Using a Joe Diaz spool. Also tried M2C cups and I have Scorched cups on the car already. Same thing. Any tips? Something I’m overlooking?

I have the same setup you do. Joe Diaz spool with PP V2 shafts. I have Scorched drive cups on my diff inputs and the stock Diaz cups on the spool and, yeah, it's a tight fit for sure. The first time putting them in did require a certain, but not ridiculous, amount of force. But I do think that this is by design to ensure absolute centricity and eliminating any chance of vibration to the n'th degree. The proof is in the pudding. My drive shafts spin with no visible movement off the rotational axis whatsoever. I do put a tiny bit of MXLR anti-wear grease on all of my drive shaft ends to help minimize wear.

I have the same setup you do. Joe Diaz spool with PP V2 shafts. I have Scorched drive cups on my diff inputs and the stock Diaz cups on the spool and, yeah, it's a tight fit for sure. The first time putting them in did require a certain, but not ridiculous, amount of force. But I do think that this is by design to ensure absolute centricity and eliminating any chance of vibration to the n'th degree. The proof is in the pudding. My drive shafts spin with no visible movement off the rotational axis whatsoever. I do put a tiny bit of MXLR anti-wear grease on all of my drive shaft ends to help minimize wear.
Ok. So you went through the same thing. I just got them in. The angle is almost nothing on the rear and minimal on the front. Once in everything spins freely. Wow these drivetrain doesn’t even look like it’s moving. Thanks for the input. Figured I’d check before hulk smashing things.
image.jpg

Ok. So you went through the same thing. I just got them in. The angle is almost nothing on the rear and minimal on the front. Once in everything spins freely. Wow these drivetrain doesn’t even look like it’s moving. Thanks for the input. Figured I’d check before hulk smashing things. View attachment 219654
lol, our setups are almost Identical. GPM tie rods & PPS motor mount here as well. Only minor difference is I went with the GTC chassis and Scorched CF brace. Nice ride duderinho! :cool:

Not done yet. Fresh build. Lol. View attachment 219657
LOL!! Touché sir, touché. If I can give you one bit of advice on fitment of the brace...the standoffs are way too long to fit between the brace and the PPS mount. If you try to use them it puts a slight bend in the brace and will feel really forced. Instead of shortening them I just cut a piece of 3mm CF in the shape of the PPS motor mount cap and made 4 holes where appropriate and then bolt through the brace to the motor mount and use the included barrel standoffs on top of the front steering plate which gives the whole thing a ridiculous amount of torsional rigidity. I don't know if this was an oversight by Scorched or if I just misunderstood something, but from their pictures it appears that the brace is bolted to the motor mount but it doesn't work with the included hardware. That was my experience anyways.

LOL!! Touché sir, touché. If I can give you one bit of advice on fitment of the brace...the standoffs are way too long to fit between the brace and the PPS mount. If you try to use them it puts a slight bend in the brace and will feel really forced. Instead of shortening them I just cut a piece of 3mm CF in the shape of the PPS motor mount cap and made 4 holes where appropriate and then bolt through the brace to the motor mount and use the included barrel standoffs on top of the front steering plate which gives the whole thing a ridiculous amount of torsional rigidity. I don't know if this was an oversight by Scorched or if I just misunderstood something, but from their pictures it appears that the brace is bolted to the motor mount but it doesn't work with the included hardware. That was my experience anyways.
I have 4mm spacers on the way. They specifically mentioned to use that size on their website. But I like the custom CF piece. Great idea.

I have 4mm spacers on the way. They specifically mentioned to use that size on their website. But I like the custom CF piece. Great idea.
I must have totally missed that. As I've stated before in another thread, "I swear to God, I can read!!". Using the barrel standoffs can be a bit fiddly. Here's what mine looks like:

IMG_0420.JPG

I must have totally missed that. As I've stated before in another thread, "I swear to God, I can read!!". Using the barrel standoffs can be a bit fiddly. Here's what mine looks like:

View attachment 219658
Lol. Hey man. If it works it works. And it looks good!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back