PPS 6s V4 Differential Cap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PPS-RC

Very Active Member
Vendor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Nero
People have been pumped for the new PPS Arrma 6s v4 Differential Cover.. and they haven't even seen it yet! You guys are wild!

I think this will live up to some hype.

Still working on programming the rest of the assembly but I couldn't help myself to show you the progress!

Don't mind the 3d printed motor... it's just a 60mm dummy motor that I use for mockup (I wanted to be certain the new Castle 60mm motor would fit!)

Machined out of billet 6061, this is NOT your average differential cap. It is customizable to your needs!
This cap is offered bare for the people who want a beautiful differential cover with no frills.

20200218_001004.jpg

There's option add ons that will allow you to retain your roll bar. This lets you add or remove the roll bar in the future without having to buy a whole new cap! It also allows you to remove them for a cleaner look when you're not using them.

20200218_000809.jpg
20200218_000922.jpg

There are plans for more center diff accessories, and they are currently in development. If you need an ESC mounting plate it IS coming, and I promise it's going to be slick.
Any 3d printed parts in the photos are just prototypes, and will be aluminum.
I do not have a hard ship date on the caps and the roll bar mounts. I do expect to start shipping some preorders by Monday 2/24/20. First in, first out!

You can reread all of this and get in on the preorder here at https://practicalproto.com/products/preorder-pps-diff-cap-for-arrma-v4-6s-blx-platform

One thing that I ended up 3D printing close to this is a shelf for a cap pack above the stock diff cap. You might want to consider that as additional option to the ESC plate. (y)

One thing that I ended up 3D printing close to this is a shelf for a cap pack above the stock diff cap. You might want to consider that as additional option to the ESC plate. (y)
It's in the works. I forgot about the v4 chassis brace, and it's in different spots depending on the model. So I've held back on including that in the options until I can get my hands on some measurements. I also plan on a Castle ESC option plate as well.

Both of these things are in the works, but are not as widely used as just the cap or rollbar mounts.

Baby Steps make the parts... haha.

20200213_143906.jpg
20200213_144039.jpg

Damn it!!!

I just ordered the hot racing one a couple days ago, that I had planned on de-anodizing.

This one is WAY COOLER!!!! ?

Guess I’m gonna have to return the hot racing ? now. ?

This is weird and/or meant to be, today I was looking at diff cover options for my infraction and I was on my way to ask you about releasing date since you mentioned it on the motor mount thread.

That's a beauty!

I don't have the V4, what holds the diff bearings in place? Are there inserts or something?

I have a v2 outcast with the hot racing sliding mount that existed before the v3/v4 mount came out.

OMG.... that looks like dog? what did you carve that with a rock and stick??? Back to the drawing board with you... who am I kidding that's freaking amazing looking. Cant wait till they ship. I am so excited it's like Christmas all over again. Hurry up and make new stuff so I can buy that to. Lmaooooo
That's a beauty!

I don't have the V4, what holds the diff bearings in place? Are there inserts or something?

I have a v2 outcast with the hot racing sliding mount that existed before the v3/v4 mount came out.
There is a lip on both sides of the mount and the top cover snugs everything up.

That's a beauty!

There are inserts. I'm programming them right now!

Hopefully soon I'll have the rest of the parts made up.

@PPS-RC I assume it is fit also if using different diff mount (not pps one), correct? sorry for the silly question, just had to confirm :)

EDIT: Never mind, it was answered already in other post :D

@PPS-RC I assume it is fit also if using different diff mount (not pps one), correct? sorry for the silly question, just had to confirm :)

Yes. My parts are backwards compatible! EDIT- They SHOULD. My parts are backwards compatible with STOCK parts. I cannot guarantee fitment with a different aftermarket brand, as they may have different tolerances.

It has middle screws so I am assuming there is another insert that goes in as well?‍♂️

Yeah. You can see the final form factor in the design. The roll bar mounts are optional. I know a lot of people don't run the roll bar, so why force everyone to buy them?
20200221_191217.jpg

Are they done yet???? What about now? Lol
My raw aluminum was supposed to be here Friday so I could work through the weekend... it was not.

Hopefully today I'll get the stock in stock, new programs sorted out and get these last parts going! Stay tuned!

Making progress on the PPS Differential Cap! FINALLY have the bearing retainers coming out right.

The preorders without roll bar mounts should be fulfilled tomorrow. The roll bar mount versions should be out on Thursday!

Attachments

• Diff Cap.jpg
    Diff Cap.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 70
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back